Today, July 18th, we had special visitors all the way from BC. Although our day did not go the way we had planned, we made the best of what was thrown at us!
Sarah, Nick, Chelsie, Tessa and Issac were in Winnipeg all day today. Sarah and I had planned to meet up in the morning and let the children have a big play, I had afternoon plans, but didn't want to miss the chance to see them while they were here.
In the morning, I got up and got ready to meet up with Sarah. Since Brooke likes to pester now a days, I didn't tell the girls we were meeting new friends until this morning. They were pretty excited, but Chloe gave a small complaint about her belly not feeling well. I had planned on leaving her with Jeremy (as he is off this week on leave), but she seemed sooo heart broken. After breakfast, she told me she was feeling better. On our drive to the meet up spot (The Market at the Forks), I decided to stop at Tim Hortons, I barely got the car into park before Chloe started puking. It was horrible, disgusting, and smelly. I felt so bad for her. I made her take her shirt off and just put on her coat. We went into the bathroom, of course, no paper towels only the blow dry things. So I tried cleaning it with the kleenex from the van, but I was having no luck. I called Jeremy, who had already left to go out for the day. I was stuck going home. I sadly messaged Sarah to tell her that I was not going to be able to make it to the meet up.
After some discussion, we decide that supper at my house would be a good substitute for our fun filled adventure playground date. lol (my house really does not compare, but you make do with what you can. I must say that our children played very well together, despite Tessa being upset that neither of my girls were her age.
On a couple of occasions, I caught Chelsie holding hands with either Brooke or Chloe. Sooo cute!!! Sometimes you just wish you had a camera on stand by all the time!!!
One thing I have to say about all this moving around and meeting new people all the time, it's really, really, really, really odd when you talk to someone and don't have to explain who people in the story are and how you know them! LOL Most of the time you find yourself explaining anyways, and realize halfway through the explanation that they likely know who you are talking about. lol
I had a great visit with Sarah and her family and I enjoy all our time together. We did, however realize that the only time we see one another is when she has a baby. lol She says she's done now, but I sure hope that doesn't mean I won't see her again. I met up with her in Edmonton at Christmas the year Brooke and Chelsie were born, she made a trip to NB while I was living there, just after she had Tessa, and now here in Winnipeg just after her having Issac. (by the way, he's a charmer!!! So cuddly and cute and pretty easy to get a smile out of! Your families back home are in for a treat when you finally get there). It's so awesome to meet up with friends who even though it's been years since you last saw one another, you can pick up like you just talked and saw one another yesterday.
I did manage to get out the camera for a few photos.
Issac was the center of attention, Brooke just couldn't wait to get her hands on him!!
Getting a group photo with kids is hard, add 2 cameras and you end up with no one knowing where to look. But they are pretty adorable.
Sarah was reluctant to get in a photo with the kids, I didn't really wanna be in the photo either, but I figured, it's hard to say when we will have the chance to do it again, and she looks Amazing anyways! :)
Close up of Brooke holding Issac, she's actually saying cheese, but a good caption might be "Stay away from my baby" As she looks like she's growling. lol
You can certainly tell that both Tessa and Chelsie love their baby brother. Issac was showered with hugs and kisses by his sisters while they were here.
I thought this was a cute photo of Tessa.
Sarah has some pretty cute kids and I loved seeing them and hope to see them again. :)
1 comment:
Great photos again, love seeing them.. you both have a lovely family and so glad that you do keep in touch.. one thing you both like to camp so maybeyou can meet halfway next time, that would be awesome too.. so many choices for you guys out there... can't to see Sarah and family as well...just need to know the dates....LOL.. love ya bunches xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment