Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Photography Lessons

I've decided to start watching Youtube Videos to learn how to use my camera. We've only had it for 6 years, I figure it's about time that I learn to use it correctly, rather then always on auto.

I watched my first video and today June 30th, was the first chance I got to actually put the lesson to use. We went to Assiniboine Forest here in Winnipeg, it was an hour and a half adventure. lol

Here are some of the photos I got today.
I was actually trying to capture a dragonfly. lol Number 1 those things are fast! lol Number 2 I have no idea how to use my camera correctly, so even when I thought I had the right setting and zoom, the photo wouldn't take. 

It took a long time, and a lot of trial and error, and A LOT of waiting, but I finally got a picture of the blue dragonfly!  


Dandelion, The flower of the military child. Again, I was just playing with settings.


I didn't even notice these marks in this tree til I had the lens up getting ready to take a photo.


For some reason I seem to think this is poison ivy, but I could (and likely am) be completely wrong about that.


I love this fan grass! I see a lot of it out here, and thought it would make a good close up shot.


Wild Roses, always make a pretty subject!


The whole point of this one was to capture the bugs. 


I like the lighting on this one. I obviously did not control it. lol It just happened and I liked it.


I wanted to capture the purple on this plant thing. lol and Brooke had picked it...so I made her hold it.


Just a random shot I took of some grass while walking by...and it turned out to be one of my favorites from the day! 


This is supposed to be sideways, but Blogger decided it should be this way. lol This is the reflection of the grass and sky in a mud puddle. lol 


Do you like Butter?? lol 


Grasshopper that jumped out into our path, he stuck around so I grabbed a few photos, then I made him jump wanting a picture, and he jumped the wrong way. He didn't listen to directions very well. 


A bird in the sky. I had the big zoom lens on so I wanted to see how it would turn out. He was very hard to keep track of through the lens! 


1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, you got some real cool shots. I think you must have paid attention to your youtube.. lol.. I am sure as you practise with all the different settings you will have a blast an get some real great shots... love them all .. Hard to pick a favorite but I do like the bird... love ya bunches..