



Since I am so far away from home, I really thought I wouldn't be having any baby showers. I thought I would be really lucky to have the girls from work give me something, but I wasn't expecting all the wonderful acts of kindness I have received in the last week.
Last Sunday, Jeremy and I went to my cousins, Beulah, for supper. Beulah had asked that we arrive at 130 or 2, which I thought was kind of early for supper, but she said she had wanted to visit with us first for a bit before supper. Jeremy asked what time Beulah wanted us there and when I said 2pm he said ok, without any second thoughts. I thought that was kind of odd, as Jeremy isn't the most social person in the world and actually finds social situations a bit stressful and exhausting. But he didn't complain at all, he just said ok.
On Sunday we arrived at 2pm and went into Beulah's new house and had a look around. It's quite a bit bigger then the apartment they were living in at Christmas time. The house has some great painting done inside, as well as other things that make the house stand out from most of the ones going up now a days (where most everything is the same).
We got the tour of the upstairs and eventually we moved our way down stairs. They had decorated the apartment with streamers and balloons and there were baby presents everywhere. Not to mention there were tons of people there that I did not know! lol Beulah and Jen had planned a baby shower for me and Jeremy. Jeremy was shortly afterward banished to the upstairs...lol. We played some games, we measured my belly with string, we had to guess how many jelly beans were in a baby bottle, we did a word scramble game, played baby bingo, and of course were given beads and told that we would lose the beads if we said the word "baby". One of the girls was actually right on with my belly, and she was the skinniest one there! lol All she did was wrap the string around herself twice, makes me kind of sad to know that I am twice the size of her...but it's all baby right?! lol
I got a ton of great presents. I felt so spoiled and am ever greatful to the hospitality and the kindess of these mostly strangers. I would list everything I have gotten, but you know SOME people don't wanna know what the baby is yet, so I'll add pictures later and give a general list now.
Beulah - 3 sleepers, 5 onsies, and 2 blankets
Jessica and Kim (Kim is Beulah's daughter in law and Jessica is Kim's daughter, she's 5) - knit outfit and socks
Judy and Robyn (Judy lives with Beulah and Robyn is her daughter, 20 something) - 2 Onsies, diaper bag, change pad, wipe case, and $25 gift certificate to shoppers
Jill, Jason, and Gianna (Judy's other daughter is Jill and Gianna is her daughter and I'm guessing that Jason is Jill's husband) - 4 recieving blankets, hat, soap, teether, 2 bibs, 2 onsies, coffee toppers and additives, bubble bath, hand lotion, candy, baby hangers, and bouncy chair
Jen, Brenda, and Larisia (Jen is Beulah's daughter, Brenda is her daughter and Larisia is a friend of Brenda's) - Stuffed Eeyore, 5 receiving blankets, baby outfit
Louis and Destiny (Louis is Jen's mother in law and Destiny is her granddaughter) - Photo Album set (has My First holiday, my first birthday, my first vacation and my first year)
Susan (a good friend of Beulah's) - 2 candle bottles, snowsuit, 2 bibs, a onsie, a sleeper.
Quite the load of stuff if you ask me! lol I was pleasently surprised by the generosity of these almost complete strangers.
On Wednesday, I had another baby shower at lunch time at work. The girls worked hard on organizing and keeping it hush hush so that I wouldn't find out (but if you are my mom, you know I'm not easily surprised...lol) I did have an idea but not until Wednesday at about 11am. When things got a little hectic in the office and people started disappearing...lol
Again we played games and had a great time not to mention ate food! lol This party actually involved most of the office! I was quite surprised by that, I thought maybe my group of 4 people would be doing something, but never expected most of the office to be involved.
The gifts from this group was amazing as well. Again, for people I hardly know they certainly pulled together for me!
Rachelle - garbage bag of clothing she had found from her baby
Donna and Shannon - bowls, spoons, 2 outfits
Russell Farrow (the whole office) - Diapers, formula gift pack (has a soother and bottle and a bunch of other stuff), shoes, bath towel set, socks, face cloths, and a stuffed animal.
Tracy and Nicole - Calendar (to record baby firsts), basket, bib, seseme street bath mitt, safety plugs, spoons, teether, baby soap, oil, powder, vaseline, soothers, wipes and bath towel
Jennie - outfit
Sherri - winnie the pooh sun shade, baby on board sign
Betty - 2 bath towels
Jean - outfit
Teri - basket w/stuffed animal, pop tarts (inside joke with her and I), outfit, 2 onsies, socks, scrapbook stickers
Evelyn - Basket with face clothes and bath towels
Andrew - Nursery Rhyme books
You should see all this stuff, I have so much baby stuff now, I'm not sure what to do with it all! lol
Last night, Friday, Jeremy's aunt stopped by, her and Ralph just had a baby last May and she had quite the load of stuff for us as well. She gave us a car seat (I now have two), a swing, a bouncy chair (I now have 3..lol), a bath tub and an activity center for the baby to lay on the floor and play with.
I can't believe how much kindness has been shared out here, I think it's great that people pull together like this.
Jeremy and I have decided to try to give the baby stuff we aren't using, or when we are done using it, to someone (probably military) who moved here and has not much for family. I appreciate all that they have done for me here and I think that giving back to others in the same situation would be the best for the things we have received. So I told Jeremy to keep his ears open in a few months to see if he hears of anyone who could use the stuff.
On the other side of things, I'm pretty sure I do not need anymore wash cloths...lol I seem to have a ton of them and receiving blankets, but everyone keeps telling I will need lots of receiving blankets, but I really have like 15 or 20 of them, I think that's plenty! lol
Last Sunday, Jeremy and I went to my cousins, Beulah, for supper. Beulah had asked that we arrive at 130 or 2, which I thought was kind of early for supper, but she said she had wanted to visit with us first for a bit before supper. Jeremy asked what time Beulah wanted us there and when I said 2pm he said ok, without any second thoughts. I thought that was kind of odd, as Jeremy isn't the most social person in the world and actually finds social situations a bit stressful and exhausting. But he didn't complain at all, he just said ok.
On Sunday we arrived at 2pm and went into Beulah's new house and had a look around. It's quite a bit bigger then the apartment they were living in at Christmas time. The house has some great painting done inside, as well as other things that make the house stand out from most of the ones going up now a days (where most everything is the same).
We got the tour of the upstairs and eventually we moved our way down stairs. They had decorated the apartment with streamers and balloons and there were baby presents everywhere. Not to mention there were tons of people there that I did not know! lol Beulah and Jen had planned a baby shower for me and Jeremy. Jeremy was shortly afterward banished to the upstairs...lol. We played some games, we measured my belly with string, we had to guess how many jelly beans were in a baby bottle, we did a word scramble game, played baby bingo, and of course were given beads and told that we would lose the beads if we said the word "baby". One of the girls was actually right on with my belly, and she was the skinniest one there! lol All she did was wrap the string around herself twice, makes me kind of sad to know that I am twice the size of her...but it's all baby right?! lol
I got a ton of great presents. I felt so spoiled and am ever greatful to the hospitality and the kindess of these mostly strangers. I would list everything I have gotten, but you know SOME people don't wanna know what the baby is yet, so I'll add pictures later and give a general list now.
Beulah - 3 sleepers, 5 onsies, and 2 blankets
Jessica and Kim (Kim is Beulah's daughter in law and Jessica is Kim's daughter, she's 5) - knit outfit and socks
Judy and Robyn (Judy lives with Beulah and Robyn is her daughter, 20 something) - 2 Onsies, diaper bag, change pad, wipe case, and $25 gift certificate to shoppers
Jill, Jason, and Gianna (Judy's other daughter is Jill and Gianna is her daughter and I'm guessing that Jason is Jill's husband) - 4 recieving blankets, hat, soap, teether, 2 bibs, 2 onsies, coffee toppers and additives, bubble bath, hand lotion, candy, baby hangers, and bouncy chair
Jen, Brenda, and Larisia (Jen is Beulah's daughter, Brenda is her daughter and Larisia is a friend of Brenda's) - Stuffed Eeyore, 5 receiving blankets, baby outfit
Louis and Destiny (Louis is Jen's mother in law and Destiny is her granddaughter) - Photo Album set (has My First holiday, my first birthday, my first vacation and my first year)
Susan (a good friend of Beulah's) - 2 candle bottles, snowsuit, 2 bibs, a onsie, a sleeper.
Quite the load of stuff if you ask me! lol I was pleasently surprised by the generosity of these almost complete strangers.
On Wednesday, I had another baby shower at lunch time at work. The girls worked hard on organizing and keeping it hush hush so that I wouldn't find out (but if you are my mom, you know I'm not easily surprised...lol) I did have an idea but not until Wednesday at about 11am. When things got a little hectic in the office and people started disappearing...lol
Again we played games and had a great time not to mention ate food! lol This party actually involved most of the office! I was quite surprised by that, I thought maybe my group of 4 people would be doing something, but never expected most of the office to be involved.
The gifts from this group was amazing as well. Again, for people I hardly know they certainly pulled together for me!
Rachelle - garbage bag of clothing she had found from her baby
Donna and Shannon - bowls, spoons, 2 outfits
Russell Farrow (the whole office) - Diapers, formula gift pack (has a soother and bottle and a bunch of other stuff), shoes, bath towel set, socks, face cloths, and a stuffed animal.
Tracy and Nicole - Calendar (to record baby firsts), basket, bib, seseme street bath mitt, safety plugs, spoons, teether, baby soap, oil, powder, vaseline, soothers, wipes and bath towel
Jennie - outfit
Sherri - winnie the pooh sun shade, baby on board sign
Betty - 2 bath towels
Jean - outfit
Teri - basket w/stuffed animal, pop tarts (inside joke with her and I), outfit, 2 onsies, socks, scrapbook stickers
Evelyn - Basket with face clothes and bath towels
Andrew - Nursery Rhyme books
You should see all this stuff, I have so much baby stuff now, I'm not sure what to do with it all! lol
Last night, Friday, Jeremy's aunt stopped by, her and Ralph just had a baby last May and she had quite the load of stuff for us as well. She gave us a car seat (I now have two), a swing, a bouncy chair (I now have 3..lol), a bath tub and an activity center for the baby to lay on the floor and play with.
I can't believe how much kindness has been shared out here, I think it's great that people pull together like this.
Jeremy and I have decided to try to give the baby stuff we aren't using, or when we are done using it, to someone (probably military) who moved here and has not much for family. I appreciate all that they have done for me here and I think that giving back to others in the same situation would be the best for the things we have received. So I told Jeremy to keep his ears open in a few months to see if he hears of anyone who could use the stuff.
On the other side of things, I'm pretty sure I do not need anymore wash cloths...lol I seem to have a ton of them and receiving blankets, but everyone keeps telling I will need lots of receiving blankets, but I really have like 15 or 20 of them, I think that's plenty! lol
1 comment:
awww, sweet! that made me smile, it's so good to hear about nice people instead of all the crap they show me on the news...oh and by the way, you deserve it!
Post a Comment