Introducing Brooke Summer Lynn, the newest member of the Ward/Remillard family. Born March 26th at 1:40am. She weighed 6lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long. After two days of contractions, I was relieved to have this little life in the outside world.
She arrived with her eyes open and a good healthy cry!
She calmed down once she got dressed up in a sleeper that just hung off of her! And, of course the little toque!
Jeremy's a very proud daddy. I do not think I will ever forget the excitement in his voice when she arrived. We knew it was a girl, but he was so proud and so excited, it's definitely a moment in time I tried my hardest to obsorb as I never want to forget. He said "She's got her eyes open and she blinking, she's ready to see the world....look babe!" I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't see anything because of the position I was in.
Brooke and I quickly got on the phone to call Grammie and Grandpappy in New Brunswick to tell them the wonderful news that they had their first Granddaughter. Since the phones in Grandpappy's hospital room weren't turned on we had to call the nurses desk. I told the nurse who I was and that I would like them to have Debbie call me back. The nurse said "I'll do that first thing in the morning" I said..."I think now would be good" "You want me to wake her up?" the nurse asked. I said "yes please, she's a grandmother today and I'm sure she will want to know ASAP." Within a few mins my phone was ringing back and the exciting news that their first grandchild had been born was spread to New Brunswick!
1 comment:
i kept checking all weekend for an update...well all sunday i suppose. i think i have a tear in my eye. thanks. ha!
Post a Comment