Friday, June 08, 2012

Military Mess Functions....and some ramblings.


I keep thinking that I should post more often....and then things happen and I forget to post.

Tonight, I took a walk down memory lane (looking at old blog posts) with my friend, Erika, and I realized how nice it is to have my memories all in one place. That is, after all, one of the reasons I started this blog, so that I had some place to come watch videos, see pictures and read stories of my life, for when I'm old and can't remember the stories on my own. So, I'm going to try to start again with updating more frequently, so that I can have some place to read my life story.

I feel bad that there isn't as many posts of Chloe as there is of Brooke. I know that it was A LOT easier to write, update, photograph, and video when I only had one child. When Chloe was a baby, I was very busy chasing a 16 month old toddler, now I'm very busy with two toddlers. Between their activities at the Shilo MFRC and normal life happenings, I find myself running out of hours in a day.

Let's see what's new....well....2 weeks ago Jeremy and I went to the Spring Ball for the Officers here in Shilo. The meal was delicious and I heard that the dancing was awesome as well...since we didn't stay for the dancing, I can only go by what I heard. By the time the meal was done, my feet were sore and I was tired of being braless. Serves me right for forgetting that I threw out my old strapless bra...must remember to get a new one before the next mess function that I might need it for.

We have another mess function this weekend, but it's a cocktail dress code. I had to buy a new dress for that one and new shoes...which is a story all on it's own. lol I'll be sure to post new pictures of that mess function when I get them.

I guess I could share the shoe and dress stories....the dress really isn't all that entertaining as I bought it off the website www.ever-pretty.com and it was delivered to me here in Shilo all the way from China. It arrived on time and is exactly what I had envisioned. I actually got two dresses because they had a buy 1 get 1 sale on. So I paid 72 dollars for 2 cocktail dresses and 25 of that was for express shipping to make sure I had it here in time for the dinner.

The shoes, however, are a whole other story on their own. I spent 4 hours in the Polo Park Mall in Winnipeg searching for the perfect shoes. After going to all the stores in the mall looking for a particular style of shoe and not finding it in white, I decided to just go back to all the stores and look at ALL the available white shoes and make my choice from that. 4 hours later I walked out with a nice shoe to wear to the dinner.

Excuse the quality as the photo was taken with my cell phone in the mall. lol But these are the shoes I decided to go with. I also bought the inserts for the toes. Total spent 52 dollars. Needless to say, when I mentioned buying a purse to match, Jeremy suggested that I go purse-less. LOL


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really love the shoes Lisa....and i hate shoes!!!!! i loved looking at the blog with you tonight and watching those videos of baby Brooke!!! Have tons of fun at the dance tomorrow....and take photos

Anonymous said...

oh i forgot to say it was from me...Erika....:)