I'm a little upset at this point because I had wrote and awesome little write up for my blog and for some stupid reason it didn't save, so here I am trying to figure out what to say....AGAIN.
The Freedom of the City parade is where the 2VP PPCLI ask permission to march the streets of Brandon and to beat their drums and pipes.
After the parade, we headed home for brunch. Then, I got the kids ready to head to their friends, Faith and Logan, for a sleepover. (Thanks so much Erin!!! I owe you!) Brooke and Chloe were excited to go to Faith and Logan's house, but I was worried that Chloe wouldn't want to spend the night. I asked her several times on the way to their house "Chloe, Are you going to sleep at Faith's house?" Chloe: " No mommy" But once she was there she settled in quite quickly, and my only text from Erin that evening was letting me know that the girls were settled in for the night.
Once I had dropped the girls off at Erin's house, I headed home to get ready for the Mixed Mess Dinner. I gave myself about 2 hrs to get ready for the dinner, and I think I should have given myself more time as I needed to iron the dress, as well as shower, do my hair, put on my face, get dressed and add finishing touches.
I had originally made a daisy headband to wear...but I really didn't like how it looked once I got my hair done and added it to the hair...so I decided to put a few daisy's in my hair instead. I couldn't get them in where I wanted them, so I ran next door to my neighbor, Melissa, who was quick to save the day and place the flowers in my hair. Once they were in, we added hair spray.....and I'm really happy with how my hair looked. Thanks Melissa!
Melissa helped with the finishing touches as well...she loaned me her pearl necklace, and painted my finger and toe nails. Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my neighbors?!?! I love them all!!!
At the dinner, we had a great meal, good conversation, and heard plenty of speeches. It was 2am before we got home, which I think is the longest mess dinner I have ever been to, and the longest that I think Jeremy has ever attended. Our seat mates, Rose and her husband were nice enough to take this picture of the two of us. Somday, we will get a good picture of us at these mess functions!
Since everyone else there was wearing black or a dark color....I really stood out in my yellow dress...lol Even if I had worn the other dress I have, which is white with burgundy trim, I still would have been the brightest one there. Makes me wonder if it's a fashion faux pas to be brightly dressed at a mess dinner. lol I mean the guys are wearing red! lol
My feet were so sore at the end of the night, I decided to walk home bare foot. Normally, we go to the Officer's Mess for these functions and it's literally across the road from the house, but last night's dinner was at the Sgt's & WO's Mess...which is on the other end of base....really not that far since the base it's too big....maybe 500meters. We made it out of the parking lot, across the road to the side walk, and then an MP stopped and offered us a drive home!!!! Thank You Mr. MP!!!! I've learned a good lesson...pack flip flops in the truck/van for the walk home as my feet are likely going to be sore!

1 comment:
you look beautiful sweetie , glad you had a good time, and so glad that you have such great neighbors, I will add my thanks for being so good to my girl.... Love ya bunches and miss you loads ... xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment