I started pinning recipes when I started on Pinterest and for a long time (months and months) they sat there in my Cooking and Baking board. Recently, I've decided to start making these recipes and if I don't like them I can delete them, or if I do like them I move them to a new board called Cooking and Baking - Tried and Love.
Here are a few recipes that I found that I LOVE. Some are really easy to make and have ingredients that you likely have at home.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
4 Chicken Breast
Garlic Powder
Bacon
Chili Powder
Brown Sugar
Olive Oil
Pre-heat oven to 400.
Cut each of the 4 chicken breasts into 3 strips.
Mix together the garlic powder and chili powder. I put the mixture on a plate. (I didn't give amounts to use as it's really a personal taste thing...the more chili powder the more spicy it is. etc)
Roll your chicken strips in the mixture until coated.
Wrap strips in a piece of bacon.
Roll bacon wrapped chicken strips in brown sugar
Put a little olive oil in the bottom of the baking dish.
Cook in the oven for 30-40 mins.
I loved this recipe, the girls didn't seem to care for it as much as I did....sorry that Jeremy missed out on this one...I'll have to make it again when he is home. I served mine with potatoes and frozen green beans and corn.
Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne
6 tbsp butter (more for baking dish)
Pepper and Salt (we left out the salt)
1 pkg of Penne noodles
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 bonless, skinless chicken breast (cooked and cubed)
1/2 cup, plus 2 tbsp Flour
6 Garlic Cloves (I used garlic powder and it's 1/2tsp per clove)
6 cups Milk
10 oz mushrooms (we didn't use these)
1 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained (I didn't use this either couldn't find them at the store)
1 1/2 cup cheese (we used marble)
1 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 400
Butter 2 shallow 2 quart baking dishes.
In a large pot, boil pasta for 3 mins less then the instructed cooking time. Drain and set aside.
Cook chicken in olive oil until opague 3-5 mins each side.
If you are cooking mushrooms...saute them in the hot pan without the chicken.
In a 5 quart dutch oven, melt butter.
Add garlic and flour.
Cook, while whisking for 1 min.
Whisk constantly and gradually add milk.
Bring to a simmer.
Keep Whisking frequently while sauce thickens.
Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook for 1 min.
Take the pan off the heat and add Cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese.
Add the chicken and pasta to the pan.
Divide mixture between the two baking dishes.
Add remaining parmesan cheese to the top.
Bake, uncovered for 25 mins.
Let stand for 5 mins before serving.
Everyone seemed to really enjoy this dish. I also added frozen broccoli and cauliflower to the dish. I let it cook with the sauce for a min or two. I also seasoned with parsley.
One more fantastic recipe for you to try and then I'm going to end this post for today.
Fresno Potatoes
4-6 medium Potatoes
6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbsp flour
2 cups shredded cheese (we used marble)
Salt and Pepper (we didn't use salt)
1/4 cup Panko crumbs ( I couldn't find these at the store either so I just used regular bread crumbs)
5 tbsp melted butter
Boil potatoes, until just tender but not fully cooked.
Drain, cool, peel, and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. (I suggest doing this earlier in the day if you can)
Preheat oven to 350
In a greased, 9x13 pan layer half the potatoes.
Add half the bacon on top.
Add half the onions.
Whisk the milk into the sour cream.
Spread half over the 1st layer, top with cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add another layer of potatoes, bacon, onions, sauce and cheese.
Sprinkle panko crumbs over the top.
Drizzle the butter on top of that.
Bake uncovered for 30 mins.
This was a huge hit in our house. Chloe gobbled them all up, Jeremy had seconds and I had to fight the urge to eat more!
I have a few more recipes that are easy and don't require (odd ingredients) I'll add those another day. Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment