Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sign Language

Sign language has always been something that has interested me. My friend, Jane, from high school's parents were deaf and I used to love watching them communicate and I did pick up a few word/signs from watching them. We currently have two deaf people at work, so management decided that they should offer a course on sign language so that people can communicate with these two people.

I got so excited about the course when Fonda mentioned it to me, and was all set to go, I didn't care how much it put me behind to pay the money to go I was going to take that course.

Saturday was our first lesson. The class starts at 9am and ends at 1pm. I can't believe how quickly the time goes by and I learned so much. I hope I don't forget it all before next Saturday!!! Since I am on vacation this week, I'm going to have to practice by teaching Troy and Janet!! LOL I'm sure they will love that!! haha! Maybe I"ll teach my mom too since I plan on going home for a day or so! Watch out mom..here I come!!!

All I can say is Thank you Fonda for telling me about the course!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me that you jumped at the chance of taking the sign language course.. you were always interested and I am sure it will mean a lot to your 2 co workers that you are making the effort to talk with them.... Good luck.... love ya

jen said...

good luck with the class! i was tempted, but 4 hours every saturday?! so anyhoo, i will just take classes from fonda throughout the day for free! today i asked fonda what we put learning sign language as on our timecard!