I love the Olympics, whether it be winter or summer, I can't seem to stop watching the events. Most of the time staying up way past bedtimes to see who's going to win or who is going on to the next round!
I have to say that this time Canada has made me so proud! Our current medal total is 22 I just went and checked because last time I looked there was 20 we were tied for 3rd in medals with Russia and we just pulled away by two!!! And we now sit one away from the US!!! This excites me so much.
Let's recap where our 22 Medals came from:
Women's Hockey - Gold!!! These girls are spectacular! I love watching their games and I actually enjoy them more then I do the men. The men get great tv coverage anyways seeing as they are all NHL players. I love the team spirit that the girls have and their determination makes their games exciting to watch!!
Men's Two Man Bobsleigh - Silver!! I find this sport so intense! You are watching these people get into a sled and speed (and I do mean speed) down a curvy hill to see who gets the fastest time. If I could ever try this sport just once I would be thrilled! I didn't actually watch this event but go boys go!!!
Cross Country Skiing - Women's Sprint - Gold!! I've tried cross country skiing once...It was ok, not something I would want to race in tho..to me they should have a snow shoe race in the Olympics, it would be the same haha! So great admiration to Chandra Crawford!!!
Cross Country Skiing - Women's Team Sprint - Silver!! Awesome job girls!!! Seriously, this sport is a lot of work and I really admire them for doing it!
Men's Curling - Gold!! - What an awesome game the gold medal one was! I'm sure all their games where, but I only got to see the gold medal game...there were some awesome moves made and I'm very very proud of our Newfie Curlers!!! My dad is upset that one Newfie gave up his spot so the old guy could go, I just hope they make it to the next Olympics so that guy gets his chance agian!
Women's Curling - Bronze!! - Could have had gold, but at least we got a medal. I try not to look down on them when they don't win, because they have a lot of pressure on them, they are after all representing their country. But a gold really would have been nice!
Men's Figure Skating - Bronze!!! - This medal shocked me...not that I didn't think he skated well, but because he wasn't thought of as a strong skater going into the competition. Maybe Jeffrey Buttle will be then next Elvis??? I doubt it, but I sure can hope!!!
Women's Moguls - Gold!!! - I don't understand all these ski events, or why any one would wanna go down a hill with a bunch of bumps on it...LOL But Very Proud of Jennifer Heil for bringing home the gold!
Speed Skating (this is where I get really exicted!!!)
Women's 500 M - Bronze!! - I have to say if there is one sport we excelled at this year it was definitely speed skating!!! Go Anouk Leblanc-Boucher!!!!
Women's 3000m Relay - Silver!!! And the list continues!
Men's Team Pursuit - Silver!!! Still more!!
Women's 1000m - Silver!!! This skater rocks!!! Cindy Klassen is bringing home 5 medals!!! 5..thst is huge!!!
Women's 1500M - Gold!! AND Silver!!!!
Women's 3000M - Bronze!!
Women's 5000M - Gold and Bronze!!
Women's Team Pursuit - Silver!! We rocked the Speed Skating world this year!!!
Men's Skeleton - Gold and Silver!!!! Not sure what sport this is but if I had to guess it'd be Skiing!!LOL
Women's Skeleton - Bronze!!!
Women's Snowboarding - Bronze!!!!
I've seen a few of the medal ceramonies for different events the women's hockey and one that I thought was skiing...Maybe the mogals..anyway, I got all teary eyed watching our Olympians singing the national anthem and looking ever so proud!
Now a quick note on the Men's Hockey....I have a few problems with our Men's hockey team. We send our "best" (let me define best..best NHL players..this annoys me). Number 1 problem they don't play together all year so they don't play well as a team..or at least I don't find they do anyways! Number 2 We always put a lot of pressure on them..meaning we EXPECT them to win Gold...and they don't and everyone gets disappointed..so I have started not expecting them to do anything and then i'm right on key with what happens!! LOL Now if more people would think that way instead of getting high hopes and then getting mad when they don't do anything! Those are my major problems with our Men's hockey team.
Go Canada Go!! We are rocking the Olympics this year!!!
4 comments:
You have done a lovely job in writing up the Olympics,You have always loved to write...your enjoyment of them is something we all share .. due I think to your Dad's interest in sports.. I was very pleased to see the young newfie was able to get up on the stage for the medal with the rest of the curlers as he did curl one game as one of the guys was sick.. he sure is a true Canadian... keep up the writing..
the skeleton i believe is sort of like the bobsled idea but without the comfy surrounding of the bobsled...one dude, head first down the track on a rickety looking sled. as for hockey, i really don't think that professional athletes should be allowed to compete in the olympics. why must figure skaters remain with the amateur status to be allowed to compete but hockey and basketball players are allowed to be professional players and are allowed to compete in the olympics? makes no sense to me.
Yeah that's right Jen..now that you mention it I know exactly what you are talkin about! Ok tho what is the luge?
Luge is where you lay on your back and go down down the hill on a wee bit of sled.... not my idea of fun .. double checked with dad about what luge is .. now you know.
Post a Comment