Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What Music Means

I always wonder if the person who wrote the first music ever thought that music would mean so much to people. When you think about it music is more then just a sound, it's a memory, a thought, a vision to the person who wrote it, a smell...It's truely amazing how much songs mean to people.

A few songs that remind me of my past and what exactly they remind me of......

Ironic by Alanis Morrisette - Driving around with my friends, Andrew and Donald...hard to believe I don't talk to either one of them anymore.

More than Words by Extreme - My friend Mike...Everytime I hear that song it takes me back to the first time I heard that song, which was when he played it on his guitar and sang it to me!

Any Beach Boys song - when I hear the beach boys I think of my dad and the Chevelle.

Guns and Roses Songs - reminds me of my junior high years and maybe my early high school years...the school dances, the dances at the curling club....

Darkhorse by Amanda Marshall - reminds me of university......the friends I made there.

This is how we do it - Montell Jordan - Frosh Week....It reminds me of walking down the hill on the university and hearing my name....I thought maybe it was meant for someone else, but the person was pretty persistant in saying my name, and when I had a look around me and the girl I was with were the only two people around other then this person yelling my name from the first floor of Aitken House. When we got down as far as Aitken House, I found that the voice belonged to a fellow Doaktowner...Marty and I became pretty good friends that year, we watched each others backs and he was like a brother to me. I'll never forget those times...and not to many kids my age in Doaktown liked Marty, but that year I got to see the real Marty. I should also mention that the song was the theme song that year...so that is why it reminds me so much of Frosh week.....I also remember a very drunk Marty saying...."put it on #3" Which if you have the cd that's what number it is! haha

No comments: