Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Crafty Day

On Monday, June 24th, I had the most productive craft day ever!!

I started out buy making this floor length curtain into 2 shorter curtains to fit the window in the girls play room. That room gets a lot of afternoon sun so I wanted to get the curtains up. I figured out how to sew the curtains, but couldn't figure out how to make a curtain rod the size of the windows from the pieces the moving company left me. So for now it's tacked up until we get a new curtain rod to fit. I had to use white thread because that's what I had on hand...Jer mentioned it, I said I cold have went and bought new thread. He says No that's ok, white is fine.


Next, I decided I wanted to make this sign. which started out saying "Take a Deep Breath, You're Home Now..." but I didn't have room for deep and afterwards Brooke said Big and I might have been able to fit that...ohh well. Anyways, I had quite the problem with this task, as I couldn't find the pink plastic cup that holds all my paint brushes. I was getting sooo angry as I couldn't figure out where the packers could have possibly put the cup and brushes. I was almost to the point of nervous breakdown, when I found them. lol
This picture shows the sign not quite done yet.

The actual finished product. Only a couple of things that I would change...like maybe putting 2 hanging hooks on the back, those keys can get heavy and my sign is gonna go sideways. It was a good learning experience for sure. 


While I was searching for the paint brushes so I could paint the sign, I took a break to finally get the back put on Chloe's chair. Maybe on my next crafty day I'll actually get the seat finished and then have one chair completely done...provided I get the seat put on right away. LOL


YAY For Crafty Days!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

YOU Go Girl , love the curtains and white thread wouldn't be to bad, you will have to watch for a good buy on some different colors but probably not have one that matches anyway..lol
you did a great job on the sign and I am sure loads of people feel that way when they get home... good idea with the keys, can always add another hook on back. love how you arranged it under the painting..
love the chair that is a great pattern for it, they have been around for a long time, so glad you are getting lots of use for them, I know you will do fine with the seat.. my one and only complaint is that the printing is a bit small for us older folks that want to read what you have there, lol
Love You Bunches.. hugs to the girls ...xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Great pictures as usual Lisa. Thanks for sharing with us all. Love watching the girls grow although it does make a person lonesome. :( Keep up the great work. I think you are doing an excellent job being a Mommy. Especially since you are so far from yours as well as all your family. Love you loads. xoxoxo Aunt Heather