Monday, June 24, 2013

Winnipeg Zoo Trip 1

I didn't take a lot of photos on this trip, I'm sure we'll be heading back to the zoo sometime as the girls and I both love the animals and they have lots of special events throughout the year too. Maybe some day we'll get a annual membership.

Brooke loves Hudson the Polar Bear and Chloe loved the Penguins who are visiting and will travel to a new Zoo in September. I, of course, did not get photos of either of those. lol


The Camels were pretty exciting for the girls. Brooke seemed to know quite a bit about camels, however, she did learn why one camels humps weren't standing up. But she knew you rode on them between the humps. 

 What's a trip to the zoo without seeing a bunny??? This little guy was right at my feet. 


 4 trips to 3 Zoos and I finally got to see Zebras. They were always hiding at every other Zoo we went to. lol  Just to prove it, I snapped a photo of them. lol


The other exciting exhibits are the Australian walk about...where you can actually walk around inside the fence with the Kangaroos and Birds (I forget what kind). That was lots of fun, altho the Roos weren't jumping around...they were also quite a bit away, we were told they are very shy.

There is also a Butterfly area where you walk around inside of the a dome while the butterflies flutter around you. It's quite neat.

There are tons of Prairie Dogs that run wild around the Zoo, the girls loved watching them run around.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow that looks like fun, so glad the girls get to see such things.. one advantage of you being so far away.. still miss you all bunches...