Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Stupid Moving Company

So...This move was dreadful. First, they told us the truck would be delivering our stuff before we would even be at the house and before our allotted time was up. Which had us extremely stressed out. Second, they send us 5 packers to do a 3 packer job. They started out like this...1 guy in the kitchen, 2 girls in the basement, 1 guy upstairs, and 1 guy in the living room. I started in the kitchen telling the guy in there what not to pack, then I ran down stairs and folded some last minute clothing before heading upstairs to tell the guy not to pack the girls suitcases. The two girls in the basement asked me a bunch of questions.

By the time I got upstairs, the guy had packed the suitcases. Seriously, I'm moving and gonna be staying in hotels and it never crossed your mind to ask if I wanted them packed before packing them. So, I made him unpack the 2 boxes to get those out. This guy also would not pack my snow globes, because they had liquid in them, or an old glass ornament that i've already glued back together once. Even after I told him to pack it and I would just glue it back together once we got there...Nope had to move those by myself. I would have been more pissed off if I had of been moving further.

I had a really hard time managing 5 packers, and if it was to happen again I'd tell them to send at least 2 of them home. 

When we get to the new house, there are 4 of them to unload counting the driver. I wanted our wardrobe in the basement, they try to fit it in the basement and scratched the shit out of it, and put a hole in the back of it. OMG, seriously our unloaders were definitely not very gentle, only one guy and the driver were gentle the other two were very coarse with our stuff. 

Now for the whole reason for this post. Those sneaky little assholes...broke my biggest suitcase, the wheel is completely off the bottom of it...and the part that holds the wheel on is broken off the suitcase. As if that isn't bad enough that they broke it, and said NOTHING to me or Jeremy about it, they tucked the wheel inside the suitcase as if hoping I wouldn't notice. WTF'in Hell! I found this while I was already adgitated about the paint brushes. OMG, I nearly lost my mind! I'm still extremely pissed off. I hope they come here to finish off our claim, as they are going to be getting an earful from me. That is only if I don't find a business card before they show up. lol I'm gonna lose my mind on them...I wouldn't be nearly as pissed if they had of told me, I don't even know if they will cover new luggage, as I didn't notice it the day they unloaded. Trust me...if I have my way, they will be getting me a new suitcase, here is a photo I took.


1 comment:

Mom said...

wow, I can see why you would be upset with those movers.. and look at your suitcase... remember getting the nice pink ones for you .figured if you fly anywhere not to many would have pink..lol... good luck dealing with them... Know you can handle them as you are your fathers daughter... Hopefully there is another moving company to go to next time as you sure won't want these guys
love ya bunches..