Saturday, June 29, 2013

Baking on the First Hot HOT Day of the year

I decided that even though it is supposed to be the hottest day so far of the summer, if I needed to bake bread, and heat the house up more, I might as well back cookies and muffins too. lol

I let Brooke take control of the muffins. She went and got her baking hat and apron on, and we set off to work.


She put all the ingredients in herself, she even measured them herself and here she is whisking it all by herself. She only needed a little help with the mixing.


Here she is measuring out 3 tablespoons of mixture for each muffin. She also did this all by herself! She did fantastic work. These peanut butter chocolate chip muffins are going to be awesome!


Here is the finished product! You can find the recipe for these muffins here. The recipe only uses 3/4 a cup brown sugar and that's it for sugar!


 For Chloe's turn we decided to make chocolate chip cookies. mmmm...she was really excited to help. But I'll tell ya, 16 months between Brooke and Chloe really showed today. Things that Brooke was just ready and knew how to do, Chloe needed more direction and I really had to do most of it myself.
She was not less excited tho.


The butter was messy as Chloe thought she should put the butter in the cup with her fingers. lol 


By the time we got to the flour, her hands were covered in butter and just about everything else. lol The flour tho, she had no problems measuring and putting in the bowl.


Ok now you've seen Chloe's work space, scroll back up and see Brooke's work space. Chloe is quite a bit messier of a baker then Brooke. She was very proud of herself because she got to crack the eggs all by herself!


And of course, the best part...licking the beaters!!!

And the finished product. These cookies are sooo yummy!!! I'm not sure where I got the recipe for this one...but they remind me of the subway cookies. :)


Of course, as the mommy, I get stuck with all the dishes! lol I washed a lot of dishes today! 


This day was actually June 25, 2013.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job girls! I bet they taste so yummy! I will have to sample them sometime.
Love Grandma

Meme said...

wow, What a productive day you all had.. No pics of your bread though.. lol.. the girls seem to love TO bake, it all looks so good and if Meme was handy I would have had to sample both.. keep up the good work... love ya bunches...xoxoxoxoxoxo