Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pre kindergarten Graduation!!

I'm a couple of days late Geting this post up but Friday, June 21, 2013 was the pre-k graduation for Brooke ane Chloe in Shilo, Manitoba.  Even though we have moved to Winnipeg,  Brooke, Chloe and I made the 2 hr (one way) trip back just for the graduation. They were very excited on the way there and sang and talked the whole way. I found out that Chloe loves the song "I love it" by Icona Pop and Brooke's favourite is "Crazy Kids" by Kesha,  so of course we had to turn the music up for those songs. We also sang the great hits...ABC song, You are my Sunshine,  and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Lol

After many are we there yets we arrived in Shilo. We went right into the MFRC,  where the girls were wisked away by their teacher, Miss Chelsea. To start preparing for the ceremony. I went to find a seat on the aisle so that I could get good pictures of the girls. Since Brooke is actually graduating to kindergarten she had a blue cap and Chloe who will be returning to pre-k in the fall had a yellow cap. The director of the MFRC gave a speech and then Miss Chelsea shared some tid bits about the kids with us. Just before the kids came out Miss Chlesea stopped and told me a funny thing Brooke had said to her. Chelsea said I feel like I haven't seen you two in  forever to which Brooke replied with "well,  we've been in Winnipeg cuz we moved there you know" lol

Next the kids made their way to the stage. First the returning students and then the graduates. So Chloe passed by me first,  followed by Brooke.  Brooke came in holding hands with Cale,  who she calls her best friend. It's odd because it's been a long time since she seen him. 

Tanis (Cale s mom) got a good photo of them.

Then the kids sang their favourite songs from the year. Please see the video. 




And then we jumped right into their binders and gifts. Chloe first then Brooke
After the presentations we had a bbq and carnival games in the outdoor rink. The kids had a fantasic time playing the games and they really enjoyed their hotdogs and juice. When we were ready to go we stopped for a photo shoot with Miss Chelsea and the girls cashed in their tickets (from the games) for prizes.
But before we could leave Shilo for possibly the last time we had one last play in the splash park.
Overall,  it was a great day.

1 comment:

Meme said...

ahhh . they look to have really enjoyed their day...how fast they grow.. I miss them so.... so very proud of them and their Mom who is terrific with them .. love you all bunches..xoxoxoxox