Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mind Reading

Why is it that people expect others to be able to read their minds? I for one am NOT a mind reader. I have no idea what people are thinking. There are a few people who I can tell are upset or angry by their actions or expressions, but this does not make me a mind reader.

I had a situation on Thursday where I told someone something and they blew up at me saying that they were upset about a situation in their life. The person and I had talked about the situation earlier and everything seemed fine, new game plans were in place and decisions were waiting to be made. I figured the situation was dealt with. Apparently not because I was not sympathetic or supportive to this person in their eyes. WTF I think I'm too sympathetic, I always put myself in someone elses shoes and I do it for long periods of time, seriously....I always think of others before myself. It was very hurtful for them to tell me I wasn't supportive or sympathetic.

I figure that since this person thought I should have known (even tho it was never said) that he was upset...when everything appeared fine regarding the situation. I knew there would be a degree of disappointment and frustration that would come with the type of situation, but didn't know how much until they blew up at me.

Then this person disappeared for 3 days...and is still missing. I haven't talked to them in 3 days, not that I care at this moment because I find they have been extremely immature and are avoiding the situation. That's right little one RUNNING Away from problems is definitely how you fix them! Nice to know this now tho rather then after years have passed.

Anyways I felt like venting..thought this would be a good place..plus Jen's been after me for an update! Sorry Jen I'll be sure the next one is more HAPPY! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah i was the first t reply. :) don't let Mr. I'm a Failure bring you down.

He's the one running, maybe he needs to go read a newspaper. lol

:P can you guess who I am yet? lol

jen said...

who's anonymous, now i'm super curious! um, sometimes guys suck, and in this case of the mind reading, he definitely sucks.