I've lived in Fredericton for 10 years (or there abouts) and have never taken in the biggest Jazz and Blues Festival in North America....and to be honest I never planned on taking it in either! LOL
Friday night at work a friend of mine (who newly moved to Fredericton) text messaged the crap out of me! Gordo wanted me to go to the Festival and meet him there. I didn't really want to at first, but his text messages turned into phone calls..LOL Eventually, I agreed to head over after work.
I was worried about parking my car, and I knew I would be drinking, so I didn't want to leave my car downtown over night. I called Tim to see if he wanted to go, but he declined, but agreed to drive me over and drop me off at City Hall to meet up with Gordo. Celeste called me around the same time (or messaged me on MSN) and asked if I wanted to go with her and Jay, so I got Jay and Celeste to come pick me up and we headed to the festival! We recognized Gordo right away, however he was a little tipsy and talking to some people so he didn't exactly recognize us right away.
My festival experience started with Gordo, Celeste, Jay, Justin and myself standing on the street chatting about where we should go...we decided to head to the Rogue for a few drinks before the Afterburner at the Bud Light Tent.
While standing on the street, I seen a Manager from work walk past, hoping she wouldn't notice...but alast she did! URRGGGHHH and I called in sick on Friday too! Ahh well, I did have a headache in the morning, but got rid of it after a few hours of sleep.
At the Rogue, Gordo was nice enough to buy us all a tower of draft to share. I somehow ended up with more! Since my glass was never empty. After the Rogue we started to go to the Bud Light Tent. Gordo was a bit embarrassing, but we managed to put up with him! LOL
At the Bud Light Tent the cost on the sign and the cost on the program were two different prices, when I asked about them the lady said there's no HST on the prices in the program. I asked if it said HST was to be included at door in the program. She shrugged at me. I complained for a few mins as I tried to look at the program (but the beer was taking it's effect and I wasn't reading too well) I paid the 12 dollars to get into the tent, but I didn't want to!
Inside the tent was huge! There was a car (VW) maybe?? Grand Stands for people to sit on, two places to get beer and food and (unknown to me) a opening to get to the washrooms.
Tara (who was volunteering) tapped me on the shoulder and told me she was there if I needed her. Then Andrew came up to me (a guy I work with) and tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to the exit and laughed. I laughed and then grabbed him and yelled in his ear "I paid 12 dollars to get in here even tho the program states 10!" He laughed at me again realizing that was a bit tipsy. I told him that the program should say "+ HST" He laughed and carried on his way! I caught up to Gordo who gave me yet another beer (as if I needed it). We moved up closer to the stage and enjoyed the music.
A little later, I had to pee (wonder why) and I headed to the outside of the tent where I seen the bathrooms. I found Andrew out there and asked him if I needed to be outside the tent to go to the bathrooms. He laughed at me and shook his head "No, Lisa, come here" he took me to the front of the tent and said "if you go inside and turn right there is a big sign that says washrooms. try there" I thanked him and carried off inside the tent.
Celeste and Jay headed out before the end of the concert and Gordo and I hung out for a bit in front of city hall. We talked for quite awhile and then I headed home.
Overall it was a good night and I would most definitely do it again next year!
Thanks Gordo for dragging me to the festival!
2 comments:
... and i'm still pissed off about that stupid $12! #%&%$#%#@!
grr.
... ahh well. a good night was had by all. some of us just didn't wake up feeling like crap the next day.
and some of us didn't almost offend everyone in their path... but i'm not saying anything. LOL. good for a laugh.
wasn't it a great time! we went thursday and friday nights and caught some great acts, good times indeed!
Post a Comment