On Wednesday evening, I had the great pleasure of hosting two of my cousins from Scotland! I was sooo glad to have them come stay with us for a few days. Both Troy and I had a blast with them.
They arrived rather late on Wednesday night, so we didn't stay up long, it was mostly nice to see you...here is where you are sleeping....I'm going to bed. I had to work Thursday Morning at 5am...so I needed my sleep as I knew a nap was not in my plans for Thursday!
Thursday...I took Steven and Claire downtown. We walked around the shops and what not. I parked in the kings place parking garage, which they have made automated. Silly me forgot the ticket in the car (actually I didn't know how it worked) so after the trip downtown we had to walk to the car and back to the mall to pay. Once this task was completed, we headed around town, it was raining and I didn't really know what else to do. We went to eat at Moma's Pub, then headed home to wake Troy up. We stopped and got a movie, as we decided to have a quiet evening at home.
Around midnight, the power went out. So we sat around in the dark for a bit (Troy had just gotten up at 11pm). We finally decided that it was time for bed. Troy headed out for a bit and the rest of us made our way to bed.
Friday...Power came back on around 8am. I can't believe it was out for so long!
Friday we were on a mission, we needed to find a shirt and an ornament. So we searched long and hard for these two items. This took most of the day on Friday. We decided that we would go bowling. Apparently they have never been small ball bowling, so this was something different for them! We bowled for about 35 mins, cuz Kingswood closes pretty early. It was great fun tho! I came in first, Claire in second, Tim came in third and Troy and Steven tied for Fourth as they like to put it...I say last...hahaha When we got home we played cards for a bit, Claire made it through two hands before deciding to go to bed. Steven, Troy and I stayed up for a bit longer and had a great laugh. Steven is getting about a zillion packs of cards from me..to practice his shuffling...tee hee hee. It was a great night!
Saturday, we went down to the market and looked around, then headed home, as I had to work at 2pm and we were a little late getting up. So Saturday was short, but still a good day!
1 comment:
i wish that the weather had been better for you and them. 'tis really quite a lovely city when the sun is shining and everything is green! you made the best of your time though, that's the most important thing!
Post a Comment