First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day!!!
Now, Let's talk about my mothers.
My mom...Debbie...what I have learned from her could fill about a million posts on here. I couldn't have asked for a more understanding, supportive and loving mother. My mother taught me that no matter what family is most important. "Friends come and go, but family is always there", this is something I plan to pass on to my children. I'm not saying I was a poster child by any means..unless it was for one that was about what not to do...LOL Just kidding, she keeps telling me how lucky she is, to have been blessed with such wonderful and non troublesome children. If only she knew half the stories I have!!! HAHAHA. My mom is not just my mom, she's my best friend....and I wouldn't have it any other way.
My Nan, Lou...how I miss her...and wish she was still around for me to visit. My nan taught me a lot too, I grew up next door to her and spent a lot of my time over there, so much infact that she had a lellow room just for me (that's yellow just so ya know). I was the ONLY Granddaughter...and I can tell you I didn't want for much. My nan taught me the art of cooking and baking, I don't think I'll ever be as good as her, but I can't say I'm bad at it either! LOL...I remember when I was little, we used to go to bingo on Saturday nights at the Orange Lodge (back when kids could play), then we would stay the night at Aunt Gails, and head out to church on Sunday morning. That is one of my favorite nan memories, I can still remember how her car smelled, her house, and her clothing. As you can tell I miss her a lot!
My Nanny...She up'd and moved to the Miramichi on me...her and my granddad! They used to live in Fredericton, and for my first two years of university I lived with them in their home in New Maryland. I'm glad I had the opportunity to live with them, it brought me closer to them, and even though I didn't visit them much when they lived in Fredericton, I do miss knowing that they weren't that far away if I ever needed them or they needed me. But they are closer to their daughters now...as they live beside one and about 25 mins from another one. (one of those being my mom). I didn't spend much time with my Nanny, however, I did learn a few things...always make your bed in the morning (otherwise she'd mention it to you in a harsh tone when she saw you next), DON'T LEAVE DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK!!!! (the result another harsh talk), and that people love you, so if you aren't going to be coming home, let them know so they will not worry about you.
I love all three of these women, who have taught me many things. The things they have taught me will be shared and passed on, and hopefully, when/if I have kids they will value them as much as I do.
Hugs and Kisses!!!
1 comment:
I want to thank you for what you have written and I did re- read it a few times although I am not sure what to say here,I am just not as good at written words as you are..certainly didn't take after me there... I am glad to know that some of the things I taught you sunk in, You are truly a great daughter, Love ya bunches..
Post a Comment