Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Committees, Committees, and more Committees

At work we have many different committees that employees can join.

When I started working at UPS, I wanted to be on the ERI committee (Employee Relations Index...how we measure how well management and employees are getting along). After about a year of being there I was on this committee and I really enjoyed it. I soon became the chair person of the committee, shared with Fonda. I currently sit as the co-chair (shared with Fonda) on this committee for our group. Even tho we do not have a supervisor! LOL

Service Involvement Committee, this can be a fun committee to be on. This year we had a competition based on The Price is Right. It was a ton of fun! I get to do a presentation with Krista here in Fredericton. There are awards presented at this presenation, so maybe our team will come back with some kind of award!

Grant Committee...definitely the most rewarding committee at UPS. In my opinion anyways. I started out as the co chair and since the chair has been out on disablity, I have moved into the Chair position...I was not ready for this and am very greatful to the other members of the committee to be so supportive! This one takes up a lot of my time! The committee identifies non profit organizations that need assistance and we provide it, whether it be volunteer hours or monies. So I am constantly meeting deadlines and presenting checks. Keeps me very very busy!

JDRF Planning Committee....this committee is to help plan the JDRF walk for Fredericton. This committee also keeps me busy seeing as they made me the chair person of this committee too. It feels great to be selected to be the chair person, but holy!!! there is only one of me! The walk is at the end of May, and the planning started in March...so it's a short lived committee and also very rewarding.

So as you can see I've been very very busy with committees lately!

1 comment:

jen said...

honestly, you and fonda always seem to be going to some meeting, or talking about something committee related...i'm glad that i don't bleed brown like the two of you!