Friday, January 13, 2006

My Plan for 2007

I know we have just started 2006, but I have a plan for 2007 that requires me to save money from now until then...what does this mean...this means Lisa will be very little fun until after the fall of 2007. Which really sucks!!!!

My plan is to go to Scotland for my birthday or the summer of 2007. This all depends on how my vacation pans out at work. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the summer, as Melana tells me that the fall is pretty crappy over there, rainy and cold.

Melana has my weeks all planned out for me. I'm sure she will be working for some of it, but there is lots of family over there for me to spend time with...which also equals pretty much FREE room and board!!! and lots of traveling and seeing lots of things. I'm thinking it's going to cost me a million dollars to go over there...LOL well at least a few thousand. So I'm going to be scrimping my pennies until I go over and then again when I get back to make sure I get caught up on everything!

I know my mom is worried I'm going to go over there and never come back, however, I have reasons for coming back...number one I can't be that far away from my MOMMY and DADDY!!! Number two...what about my friends?? unless they are willing to move over there with me, then I'm not staying!! Those are two awesome reasons for coming home!

Things I need for my trip....number one MONEY and lots of it...LOL So to all family members who are going to be shopping for me for birthdays and christmas I don't want Presents this year...(except for Aunt Gail..as I do need new Jammies for my trip!!) I don't want Canadian Money, I want GBP. (If I get Canadian i"m likely to spend it on things I need for my trip..like new outfits and stuff like that) Number two a SD Card for my camera. I have a feeling I will be taking a million pictures so I need to have room for them all on my camera, unless I take my laptop, then I don't need that...hmm problem with plug ins over there I think...ahh best leave the lappy at home! I think that's really it...but I may think of more.

According to the website for Zoom Airlines, I'm allowed to bring 20KG of cargo with me. I have a feeling that 10KG of that will be stuff people will send over to Scotland with me...stuff for Melana, stuff for all the other relatives...hmm possibly Christmas Presents...save on the cost of mailing them!! Instead I'll spend 700 dollars on a plane ticket!! LOL

It should be an awesome trip and I can't wait to go!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa.. I know that when you take your trip you will have a great time there is so much to see and do, You will probably need another few days off to get rested back up once you get home. It will be interesting to see how you make out saving your money.. I have been trying to get you to do that since you delivered newspapers .. how long ago...hahaha.. good luck with your saving... I know you can do it ..

jen said...

with the big bucks we make it should be no problem at all! but seriously, if you stay focused on this, then it can become a reality instead of a dream...so keep up the good work, stay focused, and don't buy frivolous stuff you don't need....