This year was way different then any other year. I know it is different with neither me or Troy living at home, but this year was way strange!
Christmas Eve we went to church, the one in Doaktown for a change, usually end up at the one in Boiestown for Midnight mass on Christmas Eve, however, this year there was no Christmas mass...only a 6 and 930 mass. Apparently, there is no rector in Doaktown at the moment the one that was there is on a leave to be with his family because they just had a baby. So the Father that was giving the services was on loan from Stanely.
I have to tell you it was probably one of the worst Christmas Services I have been to. I'm not an avid church goer, but when I do go I usually like the Sermens. This years had nothing and I do mean NOTHING to do with the birth of baby Jesus, or Christmas at all. He started off by telling a story about two guys, a father and son, stuck on a deserted island and them making wings to fly off the island with and then the father telling the son not to fly too close to the sun as his wings would melt and he would plunge into the ocean, what does the son do...but of course flies too close to the sun and plunges to the sea...that is where the story ended, and then he talked about the Greek Gods...which is funny because we had just finished the Creed, which states "I believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, I believe in the remission of sins" One Church..one God..and here we are listening to him talk about Zeus and the lightening guy! seriously...it seemed odd. Anyway, I was not impressed..besides the fact that the only song we sang that I knew the words too (because dad didn't go get a book from the entry way!!!) was Come all ye Faithful.
On the way home from church we stopped off a Pie to a friend of the family, Glen (my computer tech, when I can't get a hold of Dumpy or Travis LOL) Of course in true Doaktown style, stopping off a pie means everyone goes into the house and sits around the kitchen table and talks, and drinks coffee (not me tho..not a big coffee fan) for about an hour.
We got home and I was sleepy so I went off to bed for the night!
1 comment:
that's too bad about the priest and his sermon...but most people probably weren't listening so he just threw some stuff together...whereas you really were and were unimpressed with his talk of zeus and the boys...you should do the service next year!
Post a Comment