I woke up for the day at about 830am. And realized that there was no opening presents until Troy and Janet arrived Christmas night at 10pm. Yes, I did say 10 PM. I thought it would be an easy task since we were quite busy Christmas Day, however as the day went on..the more curious I got with the presents...however, I did not pick up or shake any of the boxes..I pretty much left them alone! I'm so proud of myself for that!!!

I made a Nacho Dip that morning, so that we could snack on it while we waited for Troy and Janet to arrive. In the process of making the dip, I burnt my thumb...yes Burnt it! I put the cream cheese in the microwave a little too long apprently because it splattered on my thumb and burnt it really bad too. Once the Nacho dip was complete, we headed up to my aunt Gails for a Christmas Family thing. Nan will be so proud of us, as excluding Troy and Grant everyone was there! It's the first time since she passed away that all the brothers and sisters were together. I told them all that if they didn't start doing it more often that when they arrive in Heaven MY NAN was going to have their heads!!!! hahaha (my grandmother would never hurt a fly) It was a really good meal and it was great to see everyone. Altho they wanted to set me at the childrens table.....I said just because I do not have any kids, does not mean I have to sit at the Childrens Table. I was a bit offended. So my mom sat at the childrens table instead...LOL After dinner I took my dad's job of the after dinner nap. I didn't mean to but I fell asleep on the couch, apprently my dad and Uncle Lloyd (the known after dinner nappers) fell asleep on the chairs and I was asleep on the couch.

Once we left Aunt Gails and we arrived home. I headed to bed for more sleep. I didn't see the point of staying up when I couldn't open any presents.....Dad slept on the chair and I slept in my bed...I guess mom stayed up. I woke up from that sleep about 8pmish....and we waited for Troy and Janet...this was a day full of waiting!!! LOL I talked to Janet online and she mentioned that she was a hungry. So after Troy got off work I called him and asked him if he wanted to eat or open presents...he of course said Open presents.....I said are you sure cuz Janet is hungry...he said ohh then we will eat first....I said ok....I got off the phone and yelled out to mom that Troy wanted to eat first.....dad said "We waited all Friggin day for him, we'll open presents first" That was from my dad...LOL I thought it was funny.
Dad in the "waiting" Position
Once Troy arrived we did open presents first..mostly because the dressing wasn't done yet. As usual, Troy was done first, me second and then Dad...Mom was last this year. But it's usually either her and Dad who are last.
Troy gave mom and dad the DVD's to open first (santa presents) and mom said to me after that when she opened them she wondered why we would get them for her when she doesn't have a DVD player. At the time tho all she said was..."Are these DVD's?" yes I stated. Ohh she said..with a funny look on her face. Then we gave her the DVD player. She and dad exchanged the look....that look is the one that says..what great kids we have....but they really went overboard......Yes I have seen that look before.
I didn't take any pictures of us opening presents or even the results from christmas, however I did take pictures of the presents I had to look at all day!!! (when I wasn't sleeping)
1 comment:
so let me get this right...you waited til 10 pm on Christmas day, like 2 hours before Christmas is technically over, to open presents? why in the world is your bro working on Christmas anyway? is he the president of the United States or something, what is so important that people need to be working on Christmas?!
Post a Comment