On Monday of the long weekend, we decided to head to Bird's Hill Provincial Park, which is just outside the city. One thing about Manitoba there are tons and tons of provincial parks to explore. We have been to Bird's Hill before and after this trip we aren't sure we'd like to go back any time too soon, not quite what we were looking for. I found their maps of trails to be horribly inaccurate, which makes the possibility of getting lost more likely.
But, I got some awesome photos while we were there. I`m still leaning towards a zoo membership rather then a park.
These are some berries we seen, not sure if they are edible or not, but they looked pretty. lol
Birch tree area. Trees out here just don`t grow as big as they do back home.
This lone black eyed susan stuck out like a sore thumb.
This butterfly was fluttering around these flowers, was hard not to take a photo. All I did was enhance the color of this for editing.
I love color splash! lol and I love how this photo turned out.
A fence in the middle of the woods, makes one believe they aren't so far into the woods. lol
I thought these leaves were pretty.
Manitoba Forest...
Chloe calls the roots that are just above the ground "messy stairs".
Moss on the tree. I miss old man moss. lol Love the lighting on this one.
I liked the way this photo turned out.
Water on the leaf. Looked so pretty.
Yellow flower with a bug on it. lol
The girls wanted their photos taken on the bench. This was across from the field, where I took most of the flower photos from above.
Brooke wanted her photo taken on the rock. She's such a great model...if only i could get her to smile more naturally.
Up lose, with her silly smile.
Standing on a rock, she loved climbing up on the rocks.
Chloe looks so sad here. I can't remember exactly why she was sad, but here is her little sad face.
Happy times hiking in the woods.
Family outings are the best!
Brooke trying to catch a toad. She was unsuccessful, but not for lack of trying!





















1 comment:
Another group of great photos.. love how you are learning to take good shots of flowers but have to admit.. pics of the girls are best...lol.. poor little Chloe, she does have such a sad face, but looks like she enjoyed most of the day.. Both the girls love these adventures you do as a family and I think it is wonderful. so many happy memories you all are making and I am so glad that you share them with us.. love and miss you bunches..xoxoxoxoxoxoxoie
Post a Comment