Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy 30th to me!!!

As most of you know I turned 30 on Friday Sept. 26. Jeremy and I talked (not that it was hard) Beulah into watching Brooke for a couple of hours while we went out to a comedy club. It costs 25 a person to go and let me tell you it was worth the 25 dollars. My friend Kelly came with us and her and her boyfriend have broken up so she needed the laughs. All of us had a great time!

It was a bit of an adventure to get there. I was all ready to go, and then we stopped at the post office (for me to check on B-day cards...lol) and I remembered that I had forgotten the tickets to the show. Jer had just reminded me not to forget them before he went out the door. So we had to go back to the house to get those. Good thing the post office is only like 2 blocks from our house! But once we got past Fort Saskatchewan, I realized that I had forgotten the diaper bag!!! What kinda mother forgets the diaper bag when taking the baby to a babysitter?!?!? lol I am that kinda mother I guess. But we were like 30 mins from home and already running a little on the late side. So no turning back for us! We just stopped at a Superstore and got diapers, formula and wipes. We quickly dropped Brooke off, and shared a laugh over me forgetting the diaper bag, and out the door we went. Of course we were running late, and I had called Kelly and told her we were running a little late but would be there soon. But as luck would have it, there was construction on the route we took! lol So we ended up making it there 30 mins after the time we had told Kelly to meet us there! Ohh and it was in the West Ed Mall...which if you have ever been there, it's HUGE! We of course parked at the wrong end and had to pretty much run from one end to the other end to meet Kelly. I had worn high heels, and I have to say it did occur to me to take them off so that I could keep up with Jeremy, but no I decided to keep them on. Did I mention they were new high heels? yeah so I have blisters on me toes from where the heels aren't quite worn in yet. Ahh well all and all it was a great birthday and I would love to go back to the comedy club in the future...now that I know where it is and to wear sneakers! HAHA!

I just want to thank everyone again for all the cards and birthday wishes through email, facebook, or by card. They all helped in making my 30th special!

1 comment:

jen said...

eek! new high heels?! that's not the loopy we knew back in little ol' fredericton...she didn't wear heels of any sort i don't think! ha! glad you had a happy birthday, you deserve it! welcome to the 30 and over club! it isn't as bad as you might think it is...