Friday, May 16, 2008

The Yard

As some of you know, I've been working very hard on trying to get some of the grass beds turned back into flower beds. I took some pictures of the yard so that you would have an idea of what I am doing....and what I have to work with!

This is the back yard, the picture is taken from the deck. That grey bunch of bricks towards the tree line...is a fire pit. A lot of places out here have fire pits! Imagine, I have roast marshmellows whenever I want to! lol Those bushy trees in the back are apparently lilacs...we'll see if they are or not! lol Excuse the mess, Tucker thinks he owns the back yard and anything on the ground is his! lol
Tucker doesn't miss too many photo ops...lol This was at one time a flower garden...I think. It has rocks around it...so I assume there might have been flowers in there at one time. Right now Tucker thinks it's a great place to dig...I just wish he would dig the grass! LOL

This garden runs the side of the garage. As you can see there are things in there that isn't grass, but there is a lot of dead leaves and grass in there...I'll work on that one someday! lol

This is the portion of the above garden that is at the back end of the garage. See what I have to deal with?!?!?!

This is the garden I've been working on...altho, this part looks good...I've done this part! lol This garden is located between the white picket fence and the cedar fence, if you refer to my previous post and the front of the house picture.

This is the other end of the above garden. As you can tell it still needs more work. lol Altho, it looks 100 times better then it did when I started! And since I took this picture, I have taken all those rocks out, previous owners were trying to create a walk way to the porch, I want to get some patio stones, or something to put there rather then the rocks.

This is the other garden at the front of the house between the white and cedar fences. I'm really not sure what to do with this one! There are things growing in there, but there is an aweful lot of grass in there too. Maybe it would be a good place for the strawberries?! I can just dig everything else up...that might work...any suggestions?

2 comments:

jen said...

who knew you were a gardener?! not me! thanks for showing us your neck of the woods! what's with all those rocks?! what were the previous owners thinking?

Anonymous said...

What a nice blog, Lisa! I've enjoyed seeing your photos and getting caught up with your news. I'm very happy for you. Miss you too.

Nancy, your old Scrapping Friend!! :)