Wow, it's hard to believe that it's been almost a month since I last posted on here. I do have good reasons tho. Jeremy and I have been very busy getting settled in and getting his Military Christmas stuff out of the way.
Nov. 30th - I got to meet the other officer wives at the Wine and Chocolate party. What a spread of Chocolate, there were chocolates, cheesecake, other cake, and other chocolately goodness there waiting for us. Lisette, the CO's wife was very nice and she really enjoys my email address. I think she remembers me by my email not my name. lol, either way I left an impression. I think it's all because I emailed her in regards to attire for certain events. I needed an explanation of all the different types of formal...lol Did you know that casual does not mean jeans unless specified?! I did not know this! I met quite a few people at the party, it was nice...kind of a sophisticated evening. I felt out of place because I had sneakers on. I figured if I could wear jeans that must mean sneakers are ok too right....WRONG!!!! lol try hiding your feet for two hours with a bunch of women! LOL
Dec 1st - Jeremy had a party with the guys. I dropped them off at a strip club (yes it was all clothes off...someone had asked me if it was). Jeremy said it wasn't too bad of a club, but he's been to better. I was supposed to go hang out with Andrew Gray and his girlfriend (friends from UPS), however I wasn't feeling well, so I cancelled and decided to stay home and make the christmas balls I had bought the stuff for. I stopped at walmart on my way home and purchased a bone for Tucker and a few other things. At 5pm I got a call from Jeremy, who said he was having a great time, but that he would want to come home at the end of the evening and wanted to know if I would pick him up if he called me at like 1am. I told him that I would, as next year I would probably be a little less likely with the baby. As both of us would have to get dressed to go outside. I puttered around the house, not in a big hurry to get the chores done as Jeremy wouldn't be calling until late. WRONG! He called at 9pm asking me to go get him. He wasn't feeling well. I told him that in order to go get him I needed to know where he was. He told me he didn't know. I said well someone there should know where they are. He was in St. Albert. I headed in that direction and just before the lights to go straight to St. Albert or turn left to go to Edmonton, Jeremy called again to tell me he wasn't in St. Albert and that he was going to Tony's house. As if I know who Tony is...lol. I spoke with Tony and got directions. However, his directions sucked and I ended up on the right street, but one of those weird streets that starts then stops and then picks up again....so I was not in the right area. (this is what happens when you take directions from a drunk person...lol) 2 hrs after I left the house, Jeremy and I were on our way home, he was passed out before we even got out of Edmonton. He did have a good time, he just had a little too much to drink.
Dec. 2nd - Jeremy and I went into Edmonton and met up Andrew and Sarah to go to the Festival of Christmas Trees. It was a good time, it was really good for me to see a familiar face. Jeremy and Andrew hit it off well and spent a good amount of time chatting. Later, Jeremy told me that he had a better time on Sunday then he did on Saturday.
Dec 8th - Christmas Galla on base. Jeremy and I got all dressed up (and there is no proof..lol) and went into the Officers Mess for the dinner. It was a good time. I seen some familiar faces as I had met them at the Wine and Chocolate, however there were more unfamiliar faces! lol I met some of the guys that Jeremy works with and for...I met the CO and spoke with Lisette again, who remembered my email address...but not my name...lol. It was a pretty good evening, I had lots of comments on my hair and I did it myself...lol and it didn't take me too long to do either. It was a really nice dinner and we sat at a table of interesting folks. One lady was trying to help Jeremy and I name the baby, no conclusions were made that night...lol...but she did have some good names. I was pretty tired by the time we got through all the toasts, so we searched out his boss and excused ourselves. It was still past midnight by the time we got home.
Dec 9th - Jeremy and I decided to take Tucker hiking on a 3km trail we found in the near by National Park. This turned out to be a bad idea for two reasons, one we hadn't brought Tuckers booties, so his feet kept icing up on us so we were always picking the snow out of his feet..poor little guy...two...pregnant women have to pee a lot, and there are no bathrooms in the middle of the trail. I've decided that from now on I will be unable to go hiking, walking around town no problem, walking in the woods with out a bathroom, bad idea...lol I had to pee so bad it hurt by the time we got to the car, there is a bathroom by the car, but still I thought we would never make it there.
Dec 14th - Starting at Noon, Jeremy is on his month christmas leave. I felt good leaving work, so Jeremy suggested that we go see a movie at the cheapy theater. But by the time, we cooked supper I was exhausted and opted for going to bed rather then pay for a movie I'd sleep through.
Dec. 15th - Jeremy and I went to the West Edmonton mall with JP and Kelly (friends of Jeremy's). I think we were there too long and I was really tired. I was cranky too...ok REALLY cranky! We were in and out of stores and we watched the Sea Lion show. It was pretty cool. I was looking at maternity clothes and Jeremy was looking for a suit. I didn't buy anything, and Jeremy came home with treats for the dog and a new keychain for him. We met back up with JP and Kelly and they weren't ready to leave yet (but I was past due...lol...damn this whole tired thing!) Jeremy wanted to go back to a hobby store we had passed to see if they had a model he wanted to do. I browsed the shop for a bit, and then went to sit down and watch the people skate at the indoor rink. Jeremy came out and we started to leave when he found the keychains. He asked if I wanted one, but I didn't really have a need for a keychain, as I have one or more already. While Jeremy hung out at the keychains, I wondered around to other stores and eventually ended up in a Jewellery store, where I was looking at the sapphire rings. I tried a couple on and talked to the sales lady, and then she cleaned my rings for me and then Jeremy called looking for me. Jeremy asked what I was looking at, I told him Sapphire rings, he said how come, and I replied with...that's a stupid question, why do you think I was looking at them? lol See cranky! He laughed because when he's cranky and I ask a "stupid" question that's the exact same response he would give me. We headed towards the door when Jeremy wanted to stop and look at mens rings in Peoples. He's been trying to decided if he is a ring kinda guy or not. We went in and looked and sat down (loved that they had chairs!). Jeremy was trying to figure out if he is a plain ring or a stone ring kinda guy. No one came to ask if they could help. Eventually, Jeremy said let's go. So we started out of the store, when a girl behind the counter said have you been served? I shurgged and Jeremy said nothing we continued walking (I should mention that the store was kind of busy) the girl asked again, to which I replied "Too late now". Jeremy said you didnt have to say that Lisa. I said she didn't have to wait until we were leaving the store to ask if we needed help either. Jeremy replied with well I'd rather this mood be directed at her then me. lol. So yeah, I think we stayed too long at the mall yesterday. It was fun as it always is when we go to the mall, but we really needed to leave a few hrs before we did...lol
That catches us up to today, where I have nothing to report. It's almost noon, I'm still in my PJ's and I'm rather liking the relaxing day. I've done some laundry, I've swept the stairs and kitchen and I've made breakfast. Later on Jer and I are going to head into The Fort to get some baking supplies for me to make cookies, as I have to make them for work, and I really want something sweet to eat!
1 comment:
holy update! you're an updating machine, i need to update mine, i think this weekend shall be the perfect time for that! thanks for keeping me up to date with your business!
Post a Comment