Sunday, January 14, 2007

Our Host and Hostess in Montreal

Jeremy and I went to Montreal and Quebec City at the end of November and the first of December. We both had a great time and I got to see things that I have never seen before!

When we arrived in Montreal, the first night (Thursday) we stayed the night in the Garrison (base). It was a small room with a single bed and a shared bathroom, but it was cheap! At the time that was all that mattered!

Friday night, we headed out to long time friends of my family, Paul and Angela's. It has been years since I have seen them! I mean like 15 or more! Crazy eh?!! But when my mom emailed them and told them that my boyfriend and I were heading to Montreal, they very quickly opened their home to us and offered us a place to stay. The arrangements in their beautiful home were much more comfortable then the barracks!

We stayed with Paul and Angela and their family Friday and Saturday nights. We spent the days roaming around Montreal, Jeremy showing me the cool hot spots. I haven't walked so much in a very long time, but it was great!

I got to see Notre Dame Bassilia (sp?). I have pictures to be added at a later date in a seperate blog! (need to get them from Jeremy's PC to my PC!) It reminded me of my Nan so much, and I felt closer to her while I was in the church, I'm sure that she had seen that church at some point in her life.

Here is a picture of our host and hostess!



Their Daughter, Allison (I think) was out at the time of the picture, so we caught her as she re-entered the house! haha!



Angela is an awesome cook, I rank her up there with my Nan! It was great to spend time with Paul and Angela and I hope that we get to see them again in the future! Thanks again Paul and Angela for being such awesome hosts!

1 comment:

jen said...

oooppps, i forgot to comment! my sincerest apologies! sounds like you guys had a great trip, and now you have another one to look forward to in the summer! hello tdot here you come!