Saturday, May 13, 2006

The POF Crew - Freddy Party 1

As some of you know, I have expanded my social circle.

I belong to a site that is made for people looking to date, make new friends, find people to hang out with and stuff like that, I have been on this site for about a year, but just recently got into the forums and started chatting with people from all over New Brunswick.

I think it's a pretty good site, my favorite thing about it is that it's free..this of course is besides the fact that I have made new friends on there.

I went to the first POF meet/party, in March. It was a small gathering, maybe like 30 people.
While this being planned, I was very up in the air about going, I was then I wasn't then I was...I just wasn't sure I wanted to go meet a bunch of new people. I talked Dawn into coming with me. I posted that I was shy and that I wasn't sure if I could go. NB Native (Norma) told me that I would be there with bells on..and to meet her outside of Dooley's so she could attach the bells. That is when I decided for sure that I was going.....with bells on...literally. I actually went to the dollar store and bought ribbon and bells and attached them to my belt. LOL

We met at Dooley's on a Friday and then went down to the 20/20 club afterwards. I was working at my new job (it was actually my first day there) and I met everyone at Dooley's almost just in time to go to the 20/20, so I missed quite a bit of the meeting part. I walked into Dooley's and didn't recognize anyone, but had to pee really really bad!!!! So I went to the bathroom first off, then when I came back out, I recognized Kymbie (Kim), so I went over and said, "this must be the shy corner" (Because her and I had joked about sitting in the shy corner). She laughed and said you have to be Loopy....I said yes. I talked to her for a few mins and introduced her to Dawn, then I turned around and seen Norma...so I went up to her and talked to her for a min, she didn't recognize me until she seen the bells, then she started laughing and said OMG I can't believe you actually wore them, that is soo cool!

Dawn had pointed out a guy in the room, being one who she talked to, Fauz(Kevin). Kevin came over (and got into my personal space, for those that know me I'm big on my personal space..LOL) and told me that I couldn't be shy cuz I actually wore the bells! Which is not something a shy person would do, I laughed and told him he caught me!

I met quite a few people that night, I don't remember many of the ones I met at the 20/20, or rather how I met them, but I can tell you who I met Cav (don't know real name), Sweetandpassionate (Krystal), Shewolf (Sheila) and Stephy (Steph).

Later on in the week following the party, Krystal and I learned that we lived across the backyard from one another! We have been friends since then, I spend a lot of time in the "corner" of her living room! ha-ha.

1 comment:

jen said...

what does pof stand for?