Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Negativity

Negativity sure seems to spread faster then positiveness. I know we all have days where everything seems horrible and nothing is going right....but really is a Facebook group the right place to post all of your negative thoughts and feelings?

I know Facebook is all about our own opinions and views...I reserve those to my own personal page, I try to keep my negative thoughts out of forums and groups....no one else needs to know how bad my day is. lol 

This morning I woke up to a post on one  of my Facebook groups complaining about the new trees they are getting in their yard here on base...Really?! you're going to complain about getting something for free??? lol Yes it looks like crap right now because it's late fall, it likely has no leaves, it mostly looks like a stick...but in years to come it will keep your house cooler by offering shade, maybe it will grow big enough to put a baby swing on, maybe your kids will spend hours climbing it or trying to...there are so many other things that tree will bring in the years to come.

The same person went on to complain about the lack of grass in her yard...seriously...if it bothers you that much that you are going to openly complain about it, then maybe you should head to Canadian Tire or some other store and buy a bag of grass seed...it's really cheap this time of year. We spent 30 dollars on grass seed this fall and spring to get our yard growing grass.

Since I live in base housing and we have had some problems as well, and when I first moved in I complained about the lack of grass, the dust levels in the house, along with half a dozen other things I'm sure....but I've done something about the problems that I've had. I know we are limited to what we can do, but seriously grass is something that is easily fixed...and when you call them for a problem I've found them to be really quick at coming to fix things. If they aren't I just think they are likely really busy with other people and will get to me when they have a chance. They seem really good at prioritizing the list of things they need to do. 

So, I guess it annoys me when people complain all the time and don't do anything to fix the problem. If you don't like something, fix it.