Jen and I made a mid-Jan resolution to update our blogs at least once a week. So far we have both done well at this, however this week I really don't have a theme. So I'm going to make this a random posting.
***No pictures today as Jeremy's camera is on the base, so it will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday. I am guessing tho that I have grown a bit, as the girls at work are noticing more now. So pictures will come soon, I promise.
***Baby's been quite a squirmer...I might end up having my hads full when he/she arrives! I would say I'm carrying a soccer player, but really it's not so much kicking as it seems to be shifting positions, which causes butts, feet and arms to be shoved to the front of my uterus. None of this hurts of course, but definitely lets me know I'm not alone!
***Monday was cold at -35 when we got up, but my car started just fine. But I parked close to work as I wasn't walking 5 blocks in the freezing temperature! It cost me 10 dollars to park that close! Usually I pay 2.50 a day, so 10 dollars is quite an increase. Jeremy's car broke on him and the heater coil was frozen on him as well, so he had a very cold drive to work.
***Tuesday was even colder -43 when Jeremy and I got up. Pretty cold...actually so cold my car wouldn't start. I didn't know where the plug in was so it took all day to get the car going. I eventually found the plug in and after 4 hours the car gladly started for me. Since Jeremy's car was broken and he got sick from his cold drives to and from work, that left me to figure out the car by myself...pretty much, he did help a little bit, but he was freezing to death and then sweating, so he really wasn't of much use. I sent him back to bed. lol
***Wednesday, Cold, but not near as cold as -40. Jeremy and I car pooled to work. Was a pretty good day.
***Thursday, cold, I was so grouchy when I left work. I had a huge cry when I got to my car and if I could have strangled Jeremy I would have! lol Not that he did anything wrong, he just wasn't helping my mood. I was bitter that I had to walk in the cold. I took the Pedway (so I can walk inside most of the way) and ended up 3 blocks out of my way. I was just in an overall bad mood. Meanwhile, Jeremy was going to get picked up at the door and would only have to be outside for a few mins. Yeah....it was a bad day for me, however the mood did break. Why was I driving Jeremy to work you might ask? I work downtown, Jeremy works waaayyy at the North end of the city (I do mean WAY...lol) So instead of him fighting traffic 4 times a day downtown, it's easier and quicker for me to fight it twice instead.
***Friday, Jeremy was exhausted and still not feeling well so he came home and went to bed. I stayed up with the animals to give them some attention, as they have been alone all day and probably pretty bored...lol I couldn't imagine not getting out of the house. I bought a new purse today. Imagine that girls...Lisa carrying a purse! LMAO. I figure since I'm going to be a mom I should get used to the whole purse idea. I got it at Winners, it's a Tommy, it's pretty big, I could probably fit a couple of diapers and some other baby things in them for those short trips where a diaper bag is really too much.
***Saturday. I got up and took Tucker for a drive to the store, ok I wanted to go to the store and he wanted to go in the car...lol it was a win win situation! I cooked breakfast for Jeremy and I and then I had a nap! We got up and headed into Fort Sask to browse through some shops. We found a second hand store and let me tell you was it ever packed with stuff in there. We did get 1 pair of mitts for the baby so he/she doesn't scratch his/her face, 6 pairs of baby socks (too cute!), Jeremy insisted on the pair that says "I love Daddy". They had a few crib sheets and what not, but Jeremy said let's wait until we get a crib. Then he said you haven't bugged me about that lately. I said well that's because if we don't have a crib by the first of March I'm just gonna go buy one. Ohh he said. We went to Canadian Tire and got the stuff to change the oil in our cars and tired to get a treadmill again but no luck, but we'll have one soon. We went to The Source and found a boombox for the Sirus radio, however it's not compatiable with Jeremy's so it will be going back. I rearranged the baby's room in the evening trying to get it organized for the arrival. I started by emptying the shelves, boys are there ever a lot of books in this house! lol I definitely want a 3 bedroom next time, so that we can have one bedroom as an office and the baby will have their own space. Because it really sucked trying to figure out where to put everything, since the room is an office/baby room. Ahh well next time will be better. So I think I have it set up the way I want it, however I still don't have a crib or a rocking chair yet. lol so I'm sure once those things arrive I will want to rearrange again.
***In other news, my 100 lbs baby with fur named Tucker is all the sudden scared to climb the last 7 stairs to put him upstairs with us. For two nights Jeremy carried him up, and last night I slept on the couch, otherwise he would whine all night. I have no idea how to fix this problem, I don't want to make the situation worse, I've tried bribing him with cookies, but he just won't come up those last 7 stairs! lol Poor Pup.
***On the agenda for today, Cook breakfast, clean up afterwards, return boombox, I'd like to go into Edmonton to browse some shops in there, but Jeremy's been invited to some superbowl thing, so I'm not sure if he's going to go to that or not, he's not much of a sports fan. Ohh yeah and Jeremy's changing the oil i n the cars.
***My dad has had his first week of radiation treatment. It was a bit rough, lessons were learned and hopefully next week will go easier and better for him. I'm so glad that the treatments are working, it's very hard to be this far away at these times. And I'm glad the postal service found the parcel I sent out and got it to mom and dad. I was worried that it was lost forever.
I think that's all from now...over and out in Alberta! lol
1 comment:
okay, so let me get this straight...you're nearly ready to pop and you have to walk three blocks in the freezing cold and jeremy gets curb side service?! something isn't right with that story!
woohoo for our updates!
i don't envy those frigid temperatures at all!
Post a Comment