We arrived in Montreal and decided that we would spend Thursday night in the Garrison in Montreal, and then head to Paul and Angela’s for Friday night.
Jeremy called the Garrison as soon as we arrived and they told us we had to head right over, so off to the car we go to head toward our home for the night. When we got there, I realized that we probably should have stayed at Paul and Angela’s. Angela had called and asked when we would be arriving and I had told her we were in Montreal, she asked if we were going to stay the night there. I had said no, but when we walked into the room in the Garrison, I realized that I quickly wanted to call her back and say I want to stay there!!! There was one single bed, two blankets, one pillow, a desk and a dresser in the room. That was it folks. Two grown people sleeping on one single bed, ohh it was one of the worst sleeps I have ever had. I was actually awake before Jeremy, and showered and dressed before he even moved from the bed. I don’t have any pictures of our room in the Garrison, but You can pretty much see it if you close your eyes and repeat my description! LOL
That night we headed to St. Catherine’s Street to see the sights. Ohh I should mention that it rained or snowed pretty much the whole time we were up there, but it didn’t dampen our spirits. Jeremy took me into a Chapters that was 3 floors…..3 floors of books! I was in heaven, I could have so gotten lost in all those books, and I did lose Jeremy a couple of times.
We also went to The Bay, which has I think 8 or 9 floors, and we just kept taking the escalator up and up, until we were at the top floor, which is where they put the clearance stuff, which is still more expensive then I would want to pay! We then took the elevator down.
We walked around an underground mall for a bit, we were to a Future Shop that had 2 floors, and into a few other cool stores. I have never seen the word SEX so much in my life. Still thinking back it amazes me how many sex shops and strip bars there were on that street.
Jeremy and I went to see Happy Feet in the IMAX Theatre. I loved the movie, loved the screen and was in heaven to be able to sit down for more then 5 mins! LOL Ohh and the IMAX theater was on the top floor (I don’t know at least 3 flights of stairs) and the escalators were broken!!!!! So I know I lost like 20lbs just walking up and down those stairs! LOL
Thursday Morning we decided to head to the biodome (indoor zoo, if you ask me). We also went to see the Olympic Stadium. The biodome, was more for Jeremy, and the Stadium was more for me.
1 comment:
whenever we go to montreal, all we do is shop. and i'm not much of a shopper. i think it would be quite nice to actually see the sights, rather then just the mall!
Post a Comment