

Jeremy and I took in the Biodome and the Olympic Stadium as well. I had never been to a zoo before, and that's what i figure the biodome is, an indoor zoo! LOL Someday I'll make it to a real zoo, and when I do then I'll know what it looks like. The animals are pretty much free to roam in the building. They have different sect

ions, Rainforest, Arctic, North American, and there was a marine time place too with fish...lots and lots of fish! LOL
I was worried in the rainforest that the birds might poop on my head, LOL, and these were no Crows....we are talking parrots and other HUGE birds. I found just

about all the

animals on the list except for the Iguana or Cameleon...darn thing..blending in with it's background. I literally spent a lot of time looking for him, and went back when he ended up being the only one I couldn't find! GRRRRR!!!! Next time I'll find him! If only I had a way to bring him out of hiding! LOL Jermey had a field day taking pictures, so...I have to try to find a lot to talk about in order to make the pictures fit on here right. lol! Jen needs to teach me the collage thing she does, so that I can do that with the 7 million pictures Jeremy took of our trip! LOL


I liked the monkey, he was a cutie, the birds were huge I tell ya! LOL Much bigger then anything I've ever seen. The rainforest section was quite warm! I had to take my coat off for fear of stroke..Just kidding it wasn't that bad, but it was warm.


They had a place in there that was glassed in that had frogs (Poisonous ones) and a snake. I had a great time finding all of them. The silly frog with blue spots tho was a hard one to get out of hiding! LOL But he made an appearance, but jumped away again before Jeremy could get the camera angled just so! Silly boy snap the picture and hope it turns out! LOL
The otters were cool, they were playing and wouldn't stay still very long, so Jeremy h

ad a hard time getting a picture of them. I got to see my first ever LIVE porcipine! I have the picture to prove that they were ALIVE, and not squished on the road! LOL There were other cool animals in the North American Section too, umm some beavers I think, and some birds (every room had birds...Melissa wouldn't like it! lol)



See all the fishies in the back ground? It was a huge tank full of fish! I've seriously never seen so many fish all in one place! It was cool to see them and I think Jeremy would have stayed there all day! He had a great time taking pictures of all the fish! There was a crab in the next section, and Jeremy had a great time explaining to me all the different organisms in the same tank as the crab, him being a zoologist makes him somewhat of an expert I guess..LOL

Now to my FAVOURITE part!!!!! the PENGUINS!!!!! The night before we went to see Happy Feet at the IMAX (which was

awesome...the movie and the IMAX) So I was very very excited to see the Penguins at the Biodome. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't hear any singing or see any dancing, but they were awesome just the same! Jeremy and I had watched March of the Penguins as well, so I am well informed in what those little guys go through! I think we have a picture of the Puffins too...which are another of my favourites!! If you haven't seen Happy Feet yet...You have to make sure you get it on March 27th and watch it because it's an awesome movie! I could have spent hours sitting there watching the penguins, however, apparently Jeremy didn't want to! LOL



Then it was off to the Olympic Stadium, which I was in awe over, as in 1976 Olympic athletes from all over the world had walked the same path I did, they had stood in the same lobby that I stood in, and they were full of excitement and anticipation! It was not the best of days to go there, we went up the tower (not near as exciting as the CN Tower) and it was iced up on all sides except for one, but Jeremy took some pictures on the way up and the way down and from the top.
1 comment:
great pictures! isn't it swell to have your own personal documentor? that picture of the snake creeped me out, is he shedding? i couldn't look too long cause i don't like snakes!
Post a Comment