Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Dinner!

Thanksgiving dinner! MMMM it was soo yummy!

Jeremy and I took the long way to mom and dad's on Monday, around through Minto and Chipman. It was a nice drive, but like most New Brunswick Drives it was a little on the boring side....lots of trees! LOL

Upon arriving at the house, we noticed that everyone was sitting outside (what a beautiful day!) We brought some of the chairs around from the front of the house so I could sit in the sun and not be cold. We watched Dad and John build mom's deck that she's been waiting to have for well as long as the house has been built and I grew up in that house! LOL That's my dad! He'll do it eventually! Gotta Love him!

After I got there, I decided that I should return an empty jar of pickles to my cousin Essie, as I needed a refill (of course there was an alterior motive! LOL). I stole (ok I was given) Mom and Dad's car to go down the road to visit/get pickles. When I arrived at Essie's house there were people there doing renovations (it looks real nice too). I did the typical hometown thing, where I knocked on the door and then let myself in. Josh was the only one home, so I had a brief conversation with him. Most of which was him trying to remember where the rest of the family went to. His mind was in gaming mode and wasn't easily shaken out of that mode! After a few moments, he told me they were at Essie's mom's house and that they had just left. So after getting the "need to know" information, I headed home empty pickle handed!

Once home, I started helping mom set the table and put the finishing touches on supper. Hazel, John's friend, was home sick with the cold. We offered John to stay for supper, but he said he had to get home to check on Hazel. So what does mommy dearest do?! Why she calls Hazel of course and invites her for supper too! The deal was she would come to supper if we would go pick her up. I had never seen their place so I decided I would go with mom to see where John and Hazel live.

Their house is magnificent! I loved it! I want it! I want that master bedroom, I want the view, I want the sleigh bed! I want it all! LOL I of course gave myself a tour of the house, with my mom of course. Once we got upstairs (where the really nice view is) mom opened a closet and it was filled with Photographs in frames! and I mean FILLED!!!!! I have like 4 pictures on the walls of my house and he has a closet full of pictures and no place to hang them. So what do I do???!!! SNOOP of course!!! LOL Then mom said "Lisa, get out of the closet you!" so I had to abandon the closet full of pictures! LOL I found out on my visit that John is a carpenter! I was very excited about this and decided that he should make me a bed! LOL Since my bed frame is broken and I'm in need of a new one anyways, why not have him make me one, I would of course pay him, but I just want a bed! LOL Then I just have to get new mattresses! Ohh but I didn't stop at the bed, I want night tables to go with it of course! LOL

Once we got back to the house, (by this time poor Jeremy was starving pretty near to pieces!) Mom and I put the mad dash on getting supper ready. It was ready in no time and we were all sitting down eating a fantastic Thanksgiving Dinner!

After dinner we sat outside and talked for awhile and I helped clean up a bit and the it was time to start the journey home. On my way out, as I was giving hugs to Mom and Dad, I turned to John and said "Next time I am over, we'll have to sit down and discuss plans for my new bed and night stands" He just looked at me so I added "that will be built of course by you" then everyone started laughing! I'm not sure they took me serious! I was dead serious! LOL

1 comment:

jen said...

your mom sounds like quite the cook! and isn't handmade furniture beautiful? i go gaga over it.