Saturday, October 21, 2006

3 Weeks at The Gym!!!!

Two weeks ago, I decided to get a year membership at the gym. Me being me, I of course thought of ways I could get out of it, JUST IN CASE! You know, hate to be stuck paying for something I don't want or need!

So my free week, plus my two paid weeks at the gym, equals 3 weeks! I've been going pretty regularly. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and sometimes Saturday, depending on my mood. It's not a necessary day, so I decide the day of if I want to go.

Thursday, I met with a Personal Trainer (I get a total of 4 visits with her). She gave me a routine/program, so now I have a set thing to do while I'm at the gym. This is a good thing. She worked the program around so that I'm only at the gym for about an hour. This is good, I don't really want to be at the gym any longer then that anyways.

I learned how to use all the weight machines at the gym, and she gave me a lot of exercises to do on them. I use mostly 20 lbs weights for my arms, and 100 on the leg press. Powerful figure skating legs I guess! LOL There is one machine for the legs that I only do 10lbs on, that's because it's really freaking hard! It really works the thighs and butt. It's about 400 times more intense then any thigh master I've ever seen! LOL

I'm also doing an excerise on the ball with 4lbs weights. Lifting them to shoulder height, arms extended. I did like 6 of these with the trainer on Thursday and my shoulders were sore all day Friday! and I have to do 20 of them?!!? 3 times?!?!!? OMG My arms might fall off!

She also taught me the proper way to do a crunch (as in sit up). There is a lot to think about when you do one. It probably took 20 mins for me to understand what she was telling me. I think I'll pass on the information that she gave me so that anyone out there reading this that's doing crunches will know the proper way! LOL
Step one - Lay on the floor with your knees bent
Step two - make sure your back is flat on the floor (not arched) That is why you bend your knees. She also told me that you should never sleep or lay flat on your back, especially if you have lower back problems.
Step three - tighten abs (much more difficult then it sounds trust me!) She had me laying on the floor at the gym with my fingers pushing right above my hips and tightening my abs, when you tighten them you can feel your stomach muscle push out. It's kinda cool actually!
Step four - this hardest if you ask me. You know those exercises that are good for strengthening your orgasims, girls? Kegal (or whatever) do one of those. This will tilt your pelvic bone up slightly.
Step five - Now that you have taken 10 mins to get all that stuff done right. Then you do the crunch, while keeping everything else tight!

See what I mean! These things really are complicated.
So I told my personal trainer that, I didn't know if I would remember all of that information. She said once you do them a few times you will remember and they will be easy for you. She said the biggest thing to remember is to not push your belly out when you are doing crunches, tighten those abs otherwise your stomach will form out instead of in. and you want to have a flat stomach. I said yes my stomach already sticks out. LOL we laughed about that and then she made me do a bunch more of those crunches. I have to do 20-25 of those 3 times. I think she's right after the first day of doing it right, I'll just remember after that!

1 comment:

jen said...

she taught me all about the sit ups too, who knew they were so detailed?! keep up the great work at the gym!