Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mammy's House is so much FUN!!!!

Every kid tries to go up the slide the wrong way! lol

So my mom is a grandmother and I know a grandmothers job is to spoil the kids, but Brooke and Chloe are going to like Mammy's house better then their own!! Mom just happens to find the coolest toys at yard sales! She paid a wooping 5 dollars for that slide...crazy eh?!
Yard sales out here are a bit different then the ones back east. For one, the run Thursday, Friday and Saturday with hours of 4-6pm on Thurs and Frid and from 8am to 8pm on Saturday. Secondly, they are pretty expensive for the most part. People seem to buy things brand new and then want to get all their money back. For example even on Kijiji they have baby swings selling for 120 dollars (used) go to Toys R Us and the same swing is 170 (new) why not spend the extra 50 dollars and get it brand new? I don't quite get it, but I haven't really been to a lot of yard sales this year, I went to quite a few last year tho.

The little brown rocking chair is my chair. Mom says I can have it back once we move to NB. Brooke loves that chair and I think it should stay at Mammy's because when Chloe gets old enough it's just going to be a fight over who gets to sit in it. lol

3 comments:

jen said...

it's a grandmother's job to spoil, and since she didn't get to see brooke for much of her first year, she's in spoilage overdrive mode!

Mom said...

hey now Jen, I don't think I have done to badly... tell me true.... would you have passed up that slide ... I am thinking no way.. anyway...I am enjoying having my grandbabies with me and love that they will soon be so close.. I have the best grandbabies anywhere.. but I might be a bit prejudice ..hahahaha.. love the pics Lisa, love ya bunches.
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

hey Debbie you are not prejudiced, you are right, we have the most beutiful,little grandbabies ever!
Lisa, great pics!
Love,
Margo