Saturday, November 10, 2007

1st Week at Work

Let me tell you, parking in downtown Edmonton is much different then parking in Downtown Fredericton!!! LOL

I started my new job on Monday, November 5. Since my car had not yet arrived from Oromocto (surprising I made it before the car and the car came by train!!!), Jeremy took me to work and dropped me off and then had to come pick me up again.
Jeremy dropped me off by a Tim Horton's which was great because I had some place to relax before starting work, even though my belly was a little knotted up from the excitement and anticipation of starting my new job. When I got out of the car and walked a couple of feet I was handed a newspaper called Metro....for free!!!! I was kind of excited about that because I had nothing to read and figured that the newspaper would have something in it to entertain me. I went to Tim's grabbed a hot chocolate and settled in with my newspaper for work. It didn't work much really, because I looked up everytime anyone got close to me, crazy I know...not like I would know who anyone was! lol
I did read that Halifax got hit pretty bad by Tropical Storm Noel...or something. A lot of people without power. Either way the hour went by pretty quickly and then I headed off to my new job which was a block away. I took the front elevator up to my office which is on the 5th floor. I don't think I'll be taking the stairs much, 5 flights sure seems like a long way up!!!
Upon arrival, I'm handed paperwork that needs to be finished filling out so that they know I work there! Then Phyllis comes to train me. I had one full day of training and have been on my own for the rest of the week. Well I work in a team, so I'm not really alone, but I've had to ask probably 100 questions.
I did pretty good all week, seems that the ones I get back with mistakes are the ones that the girl who trained me helped me with. I've well with all the ones I have done on my own!
On Tuesday, Jeremy and I went to get my car afterwork. What an adventure that turned out to be! Let's just say I am glad I do not have to cross the river to go home at night! It's really busy and conjested in the evening! Everyone out here seems to work 8 to 430. It's great, but makes for a long day when I leave the house at 615am and I don't get home until 6pm.
On Wednesday, I had to find my own directions to work and find a parking space. This did not go well. There are 100's of places to park downtown. The problem is the cost of them. I didn't want to pay 12dollars for the day, so I drove until I found one at 6 dollars a day. I parked there, and was running a bit late so I rushed off to work. After work tho, I couldn't remember where my car was! LMAO! Yeah so I walked around for like 10 mins trying to figure out exactly where the car was. I felt so dumb. Jeremy called to see how my day went and I said ...in my very sarcastic tone...can you hear it?? "ohhhh....Just GREAT" LOL....He wanted to know what went wrong, so I told him. He offered to come help me look for it, but I wouldn't let him. I said "I'm the idoit who didn't take in the surroundings this morning, I should have to find it on my own." I knew I was on 108 st...but I had no idea where. LOL After a little more walking I learned that I had not walked far enough up the street. Who loses their car?!?!?! UGH!
Jean a girl that I work with said to me on Friday that everytime I have a dumb spell, it's ok to blame it on the baby, as it's just the baby inheriting my smarts. At this rate the child will be a genious and I will be a moron. lol.

Thursday and Friday I parked in a 3 dollars a day lot, by the downtown Casino. I figure if I can find the Casino, I can find the car! LOL Here are some pictures I took from the lot that I have been parking in.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

By far the funnyest thing I have ever read...who loses their car?

I'm glad thigns are goign good for you...congrats. :)

jen said...

thanks for the pictures, you know how i love to see pictures and to visualize stuff in my head...now i need a picture of your house!