I have been so excited on Wednesday myself, Dawn and Joy went to the dog park in Fredericton. Liam and Rascal had a great time playing, however Liam didn't like it when Tucker tried to play with Rascal. He would bark and chase Tucker away. Dawn said she will work on that for next time.
But on Wednesday, a little boxer puppy named Tyson was there. He's about 3.5 months old, brown in color, he's really cute. Tucker and Tyson hit it off pretty quick and they played most of the time both doggies were there! It was nice to see Tucker engaging in play with another dog. Mostly he hides under the bench, and that is where most of the play happened, but it was cute and very exciting for me.
Today, Jeremy and I took Tucker to the dog park again, as we usually do on Sunday afternoons if we are home. I didn't see Tyson coming to the park, but Tucker sure did! He went to the door to greet him. I see Tucker going to the door and thought that's odd, Tucker never goes to the door to meet new dogs. At the time all I could see was a white dog named Ozzy. In through the door walks Tyson, then it all clicked in for me. Tucker met Tyson at the door, however, would not let him into the park very far, so I had to go get him off Tyson. The person who usually brings Tyson to the park is a male, however this time he was with a female. Of course she doesn't know that the two of them played on Wednesday so I explained to her that they had become friends on Wednesday. Of course, she seems like the over protective mother type. So I'm trying to make Tucker behave, of course he just wants to play with Tyson and can't understand why he is not allowed this time. Eventually, the "over protective mother" backed offa bit, when she realized that Tucker wasn't going to hurt Tyson. So the two of them played again today, and Jeremy got to see him play. Which is good, because it is an exciting thing to see. For those of you who have kids, it's like your kid going to school and coming home with a friend for the first time. It's that kind of exciting, like a relief of some sort. "Phew, my kid isn't going to be a loner" kind of relief. LOL
I'll try to snag a picture of Liam, Rascal and Tyson to add to the post here so you can see what kinda puppies I'm talking about.
Ohh, Wednesday was Rascals first time to the park, and Joy said he quite enjoyed himself and he keeps running to the car everytime they go outside. She said it's like he's saying "maybe this time she'll take me to the park to play with the puppies!" LOL We've decided to make the Wednesday thing a regular thing, which is good because Tucker needs the socialization and Rascal really enjoys playing with all the puppies!
1 comment:
i can't believe you drive home to oromoc-too, then drive back in town, across to the hood, so that tucker can play in a park! no parks in oromoc-too? you're a crazy dog lady! but he's lucky to have you!
Post a Comment