Monday, October 10, 2005

Adventures at 82 Walter Close

Tonight was an interesting night and I just had to share it with everyone!

At about 7pm Troy and Janet and I decided to head over to Harvey's for some supper. So we all piled into my car and headed across the bridge to Harvey's. Just after we got across the bridge I heard a rattle and thought maybe something had come loose and I'd have to take it into the shop on Tuesday to get it fixed. We got out of the car at Harvey's to see what was the matter, and that is when I noticed that my drivers rear tire was flat, not on the rim, but pretty close.

So Troy got out and there in the Harvey's parking lot we changed the tire and put on the dumby tire from the trunk, after reading the manual to figure out how to work the Jack..you'd think this would be an easy task, however, it was not! The jack has been nickname Jack Bond...LOL cuz it has hidden components on it, like the James Bond cars and stuff.

We got home and Thomas was there and we thought maybe we could fix the tire by putting some liquid sealant in it, we had some here, so we took the car down to the Irving on Main st and off came the dumby tire and one went the broken tire. we put the sealant in it and then Janet and I went for a drive to see if we could find some plugs cuz I didn't think that the sealant would work, and sure enough the tire was flat when I got to the Ultramar on Union.

So we went back to the Irving on Main (seems that Irvings are the only gas stations with air...just for anyones information!) I started putting the air in the tire when the boys showed up again, they asked if it was flat...I said no I just thought i'd put more air in it! LOL Silly fools. Troy suggested that I go into the Irving and get them to call the Big Stop in Lincoln.

I went into the Irving and the guy behind the counter called down to the Big Stop and they did have one it was 8.99. The guy said "Sounds like you are having a rough night" I said "yeah it hasn't been the best" He said "Do you want an gift certificate, at least that will make you night a little better" I said "Sure"

So I left the Irving on Main, after Troy and Thomas changed my tire again. So have you been counting the number of times they have changed my tire so far??? This one makes 3.

We headed back to the apartment where we put the tire in the house hoping it would dry while we were gone. Then we got in Thomas' car and headed to the Big Stop to pick up the plugs. We got across the bridge and we hearda noise coming from underneath Thomas' car. We all started laughing, while Troy was saying his car wasn't leaving the driveway tonight! LOL We stopped and checked out Thomas' car and it is the gas strap that was dangling. Janet and I were talking in the car while the boys investigated, we decided that an explosion would not make the night better, it works in the movies, but real life that wouldn't be so cool!

So, now i'm home and i'm going to fix my tire, change it yet AGAIN and go to be to be at work for 10 am!

2 comments:

jen said...

wow, sounds like you guys had quite the time with the tires! sounds like a stressful night!

jen said...

i think it's time for an update!!!