Hello my friends....if you are still with me...lol
I haven't posted in forever because let's face it Facebook is much easier to post things in. lol I've decided that I really need to get back into blogging. I miss putting my thoughts and opinions on here. Sometimes, a blog is a better place then facebook to put your feelings and opinions.
Well since my last post...I'm way out here in Manitoba. I don't mind it out here too bad...but Shilo, is definitely not one of my favorite postings. We are 20 mins away from a Tim Hortons and a mall. I kinda feel like I'm living in Doaktown again...except even in Doaktown now, I'd have a Tim Hortons less then 10 mins away! lol The mall in the closest city, Brandon, is worse then the Regent Mall could ever think of being. It's small and has very little in the way of variety, with a Safeway, Sports Check and a Zellars taking up most of the mall space, it leaves little room for other little stores.
Winnipeg is 2 hrs away....but I do really like Winnipeg. My favorite thing about Winnipeg is that is has many "mom and pop" type stores with store fronts along many of the streets. There is always a new store that catches my eye every time we go down Portage Ave. I really think I could spend days walking down the streets and still miss half of the stores.
Manitoba itself has a large number of Provincial Parks. They have a Manitoba Provincial Park Passport book, that when you visit a park you get a stamp and when you have collected 5 you send it in to receive a special pin. We have already been to 3 parks...only 2 more to go to get our first pin!
This summer we have done some camping and the girls have loved it. I'm hoping we get the chance to do lots more camping next summer...now that we are settled in, and have an idea of where we'd like to go.
One place I would LOVE to get to is Churchill, Manitoba. It's located at the top of the province and the only way in and out is either by small plane, or by train. There is a Fort up there that looks really cool, it's also a great place to see Beluga Whales and Polar Bears....not to mention the Northern Lights. I think it will be a lot of fun to go there and stay a few nights to see everything.
I think this is a pretty big post so I'll end it here...and I'll try to do weekly updates from now on. Have to try to keep myself busy and my followers interested. Please comment on my blog as it gets discouraging to write and write and have no comments.
Take care!
1 comment:
Hi Lisa, I'll be the first to comment. First of all, very nice new background! Love it! Maybe you could ask your followers to post reminders for you on Facebook for an update? next, we are always interested in what you have to say, no matter how long it takes, lol(just shy of a year) looking forward to more of your thoughts!
Love,
Margo
Post a Comment