Sunday, December 24, 2006

Driving Home for Christmas

This is what I love about going home for Christmas! Every year on my way home, I always get so excited when I hit the top of the hill and I see this:



I know that home is just at the bottom where the glow from the Christmas Spirit lights up the sky. Ever since I can remember and probably that means forever, Dad and Mom have always gone all out for Christmas. My friend Darren always asks me at Christmas “Has your parents gone all St. Mary’s again this year?” And of course they do. What he is referring to is the many lights my dad puts up. Every year on the Reserve there is always a great display of lights from the people’s houses. I don’t think I’d like my dad’s house there, it would fit in and not stand out like it does now. When I topped the hill this year and seen the lights they were pretty much the only ones on, none of the neighbors had their lights on.

Once I got home, I decided to take a walk to the top of the hill and take pictures looking down, let me tell you this was not an easy task! You might think it would be, but getting a good picture of the dark and the lights was so hard! I really missed my photographer! Jeremy, how dare you go to Winnipeg for Christmas! Haha!

When I walked up the hill I noticed how big the moon was, not that it was a full one or anything. It seem like it was just sitting on top of the hill! So I tried to take a picture of that too, but again I’m not good at this night picture stuff! Give me a day time and I can take any picture you want!



This picture looked about 100 times better on my camera, I swear it! LOL but none the less, it does depict the moon! Can you pick it out?!?!? Haha!

As I walked down the hill I took pictures at various spots along the way.
About halfway down the hill…



Another a bit more of a close up…



This is at the edge of the first drive way you to come to when you go to my parents house.



It’s always important to find the new addition to the decorations! The polar bear was a gift from Santa last year to my dad. Kinda looks like the coke bear eh?!



And once more picture of the front of the house. Please note that this year the “Peace On Earth” sign is missing.

2 comments:

jen said...

i'm impressed with your photos and the trouble you went to, to document your parent's festive home! I think they definitely have the reserve beat!

Anonymous said...

Thank you again,jen
Lisa you did a great job, sure glad it wasn't tonight you took the pics as it is so cold out there.
I wasn't playing with the fire trucks I was just checking them out ... haha