I usually suck at remembering birthdays on the actual day, so I'm every proud of myself that I actually remembered his.
Now since it is his birthday I feel I have to tell a story about him. I think the best one is when we first started dating....not that I remember much...as it was at a bar..LOL even though I met him at work.
One night a bunch of us got together and went to the bar, I don't remember who all was there because this was like 4 years ago, but every time I went to the bar I always seen tons of people I work with and it was guaranteed to be a great time. Now when I go out, I like to wander around the bar and see who all is there that I know. Sometimes meeting up with people from my home town, other times, just people I know from work.
So on one of my little trips around the bar (remember this is before sweets and rodeo got combined and I was at Sweets that night) and I was over by the pool tables (they don't have them there anymore...they are now over by the coat check, but they used to be by the second dance floor) and this guy comes up to me and says "Hi Lis" it's stephen and I knew him so I got a smile on (which is pretty much permently there) and I said "Hey Stephen" We made some small talk about work and the bar and stuff and then he says "So, You are coming home with me to night right?" I was dumbfounded....I had no idea what he meant by that. I knew he was a nice guy and that this couldn't be his way of trying to get me into bed with him...he has more class then that...most of the time anyways...LOL Besides I work with him, and that would have been awkward if that was all he wanted. I said "sure". So we danced a bit on the dance floor and then it was time to leave. Stephen hadn't been drinking (I kinda think we left early cuz I think we had to come back to the bar to pick his roommates up) so we went to his car and went for a drive and we talked...I think I did most of the talking, because Stephen is a pretty quiet guy. I imagine I was the chatterbox. I remember it was before I had gotten my Sunfire, and I kinda remember driving to different second hand dealerships, but I don't remember really looking at cars. I also remember we drove out by the traffic circle towards Nackawic. We picked up his roommates and headed to his place.
Once there we went into his room and listened to music and more of me talking until we both fell asleep...or at least I did...that boy don't sleep much!
It was a nice evening and the start of mine and Stephens relationship that was short lived, but it brought the two of us together in ways that neither of us had anticipated.
Now that my story is complete I would like to wish a very Happy Birthday to Stephen (who thinks his bday is a secret...guess I just blew that) LOL
2 comments:
Lis,
Thank you for the story LOL, even if you did let out the secret LOL You are a very sweet wonderful lady
happy birthday stephen! or should i say, happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment